5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Informative!, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Not For Parents Paris: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know (Lonely Planet Not for Parents Travel Book) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my (nearly) six year old grandson who will be going to Paris in March. The book is excellent -- a bit 'quirky' and fun -- just right for a boy of this age (although I believe it says for 7 years upwards). You can't go wrong with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the age and situation, 2 Dec 2012
I bought this in order to be able to talk through Paris prior to our visit in March. ( I got it in November) . Every bedtime we have read through one of two spreads and talked about the things we could see. Hopefully, by the time we arrive my little girl and boy will recognise the sites and take a greater experience away. That's the plan. The depth of knowledge is as deep as the age group can absorb and the high degree of illustration reatins interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris for Kids, 16 Mar 2012
I bought this for my 8 year old son as we are visiting Paris in April. He loved it. It is layed out in a very easy to read format, lots of really good pictures. He has visited Paris before but this time, with a whole new out look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for Parents Paris (Lonely Planet Travel Book), 16 Mar 2012
My 9 year old grandson absolutly loved this book. He kept it with him all the time, as we went around the major sights on his first trip to Paris. He particularly liked the quirky facts, which he would periodically share with us (the grown-ups)such as the number of cofins in which Napoleon is encased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to whet your child's appetite for travel, 22 Oct 2011
Julia Flyte - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Targeted at children, this new series from the Lonely Planet francise introduces some of the world's great cities. The focus is on "stuff that's cool to know" and the books are a terrific introduction to each city. My boys are aged 7 and 11 and they both have really enjoyed these books.

"Paris: Everything you ever wanted to know" covers a wide range of topics: the history of the city, key architectural highlights, interesting streets and districts, quirky shops, famous works of art, the everyday lives of Parisians and key inventions . The book is in full colour with many photographs and illustrations and includes a comprehensive index.

While there's plenty of educational text, it's written and presented in an upbeat and quirky way. Some of the many cool facts that my kids enjoyed reading about are the hotel for dogs, crazy French food, the bone-filled catacombs, the Tour de France, the way that the Basilica of Sacre Coeur cleans itself and the french habit of jumping in fountains on hot days.

Whether you're preparing for a trip or just interested in learning more about the world, this is a fantastic addition to a child's library. The entire series is terrific, but this one is especially good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my daughters during our trip to Paris, 20 Jun 2014
D. Casagrandi - See all my reviews
We went to Paris for a weekend with our daughters (aged 10 and 7). They simply loved it. it was perfect for them, as it helped us a lot in explaining them things and facts about Paris. I am considering buying other tittles of the collection whenever we go for another city break.

5.0 out of 5 stars daughter read this cover to cover, 19 April 2014
Bought this for my 9- and 11-year-old daughters before a trip to Paris. The 9-year-old refused to look at it but the 11-year-old read the whole thing in one sitting. While we were in Paris, she was able to tell us about the sights!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet Not For Parents Paris, 9 April 2014
This is a really good book for kids travelling to Paris or for kids who are learning about Paris in general. The book has bright illustrations and photos and tons of interesting info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris Book - Great!!, 29 Mar 2014
I am a primary teacher and I used this for my year 3 class as we are currently looking at France as part of our topic work. The glossy pages include lots of pictures which make it very attractive. The children loved some of the more gory details and found it very easy to access.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 5 Mar 2014
got for daughter she seems impressed shes 12 going on a school trip so I will recommend purley on her opinion alone quick delivery good price