on 29 November 2013
Lonely Planet is always a great way to start planning your trip before you actually leave your flat, however this time although it says this edition is from October 2013 all prices (and I mean ALL, from a mojito at La Bodeguita del Medio to the daily rates for Casa Particulares and all the restaurants indicated) are quite wrong/outdated, sometimes around 30% less than the actual price (Nov 2013), which makes you plan your budget in a very wrong way!
on 14 June 2014
Like every guide book, there are some errors and unclear elements. When traveling on budget, the casa particulars are the best option. Only when they appear in the lonely planet, their price goes up ... Rough guide casas offer better price-quality
on 9 May 2014
This is a useful and informative book for those travelling to Cuba. The section on Havana has some interesting ideas for walking tours and a handy map. There is lots of information on hotels, bars and restaurants all over the island. The one thing to bear in mind is that Lonely Planet hate anything touristy, so you could also check other sources (e.g. tripadvisor) before you go. Overall this is a useful guide.
on 17 January 2014
Full of information about Cuba - where to stay and what to do. Very detailed.

My only concern is that it heavily focuses on renting a car and driving around Cuba. I had hoped for more details on public transport or getting around by local private bus companies and tour companies.
on 29 October 2013
I think that the Lonely Planet authors have much in common with me, otherwise I can't explain how they could always match my expectations... You can trust any single line of this guide. I visited only the northern part of the island, so my comment refers to the Havana - Ciégo de Avila province area.
on 4 July 2014
So many inaccuracies including terrible recommendations for food and places to go, and some very out of date information despite being published within the last year. Definitely the worst LP we have ever used, though I emphasise it was just as bad as the Rough Guide, which we also took with us.
on 9 December 2014
The text and photographs were helpful but the map of Havana, especially the section on Vieja havana was about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard.
on 22 July 2015
If you go to Cuba. Buy this book. With it being very difficult to use internet to search for places to go, places to eat and stay etc this book will give everything you need. I went around whole island for 6 weeks and used this book all day everyday, you'll see for yourself how many other tourists will have this book. Especially those wishing to stay in Casa particulars
on 27 June 2014
Great book , packed with all sorts of information and a good map. We have been to Cuba six times and still found this very useful
on 26 April 2014
good for generic information - but you can get this online too elsewhere. I was hoping to use the walking guides in havana but the streets were not marked properly (or gave no street names as at!) so we ended up getting lost all the time, this was not very helpful for our trip to Havana, Cayo Coco and Varadero. wish we bought something else.