5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource
Published 13 months ago by Rob

My first purchase of a LP since BBC sold the franchise. I always travel with a lonely planet - great format, easy to navigate, cant fault them usually - until this one.. on my third trip to India I thought I would update my guidebook as its been 6 years since my last trip and wanted an up-to-date guidebook but I really shouldn't have bothered!

I travelled...
Published 4 months ago by E. Coomber

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Published October 2013, though some errors already, such as train booking can only be done 60 days in advance. Take the advice on follwing [...] advice for booking trains, IRCTC is some tricky business! Also, tariffs for hotels are a bit underestimated, though I am travelling solo at high season. Other than that, fantastic resource. A must if travelling to and around India!

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, but heavy!, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Its a great book if your planning on visiting india, its crammed with information, its well presented and covers everything you'll need to know, but be aware its quite heavy for carrying around with you daily while your there, we'll be buying smaller guide books to keep with us, but this book is great for browsing through where you want to visit and yas some great tips and advice

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic resource for a trip to India, 29 July 2014
Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
A fantastic travel guide of India, a country filled with rich history, diverse culture and beautiful scenery. A trip to India is an experience to treasure for a lifetime. This guide is an excellent reference for a trip to India. It contains comprehensive information about the country and key matters whilst visiting India. It is clearly pointed out. There are so many places to visit in this vast and majestic country. Pictures are included to compliment the concise text. An easy guide to navigate. The guide is written by experienced travellers, who have excellent knowledge of the country. Well written, informative and concise. A perfect travel companion for a visit to India. There are few places I want to visit in India.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Chose this to travel for 5 weeks in India. Excellent reliable information which we used and found helpful. It's a must if you are touring.

5.0 out of 5 stars a big book, 26 Mar 2014
Joseph Wallace (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
a substantial read but packed with very useful stuff. We are about to set off on our 5th trip to India and have found it very helpful in planning our visit

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - not up-to-date just a new photo on the same infomration, 4 Aug 2014
E. Coomber (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)

I travelled through a number of states and cities and the only thing that could be relied on was the maps! whilst the location and names of sights hasn't changed, LP have also not updated transport, hotel prices, restaurants (some closed years ago but are still in the guide book!!), cost to enter sights as well as restrictions being wrong on whether you can / cannot take cameras, bags, etc.

Overall after having a lonely planet as my travel bible for over a decade (using them in Europe, Africa, Asia, Oz, the middle east, etc. I am HUGELY disappointed in the lack of information and lack of thought that has gone into this latest edition and I do hoe its not a sign of thins to come since the sale of the LP franchise.

If you just want info on maps and sights to visit I would recommend save some pennies and buy the previous edition and use trip advisor or similar to find food and places to stay - everywhere in India has free wifi these days even the middle of the Rajasthan desert!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Fantastic every detail included definitely worth buying. I have used all areas in the book and it will be coming with us on our trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars an intro to india, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Jam packed booked although I think I may research more online as vague about many things, you can't fit the whole of india into one book

5.0 out of 5 stars cant wait to start using it whilst travelling, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
All the info we are going to need! Cant wait to start using it! Very comprehensive and full of info we will need to travel around the country!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) by Daniel McCrohan (Paperback - 18 Oct 2013)