4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Weekend Guide Book

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, not the usual amazing guide from Lonely Planet
Published 13 months ago by lkberlin

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Weekend Guide Book, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Great little handy guide to Vienna - easy to carry around as so compact and lightweight - just what I was looking for. Great tips on food/drink/sights and I like the way the book is divided into areas within Vienna. I felt the pull out 'Innere Stadt' map could have been more detailed, as not all the road names are marked but, for the price & a short stay in Vienna, this is a good guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a weekend break, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Nice small size for popping in a backpack, covers all the important sites and information. Top 10 highlights always makes trip-planning a doddle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vienna Encounter: Encounter Guide (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides), 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Excellent guide for a short stay in Vienna. Helped us get around and see the best sights. Tip to buy a Vienna card very useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, not the usual amazing guide from Lonely Planet, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I didn't really enjoy the guidebook, even though I'm an avid Lonely Planet guidebook traveler. I didn't find the book to be clear about what sights we should see, it was more focused on atmosphere, which is great, but when I buy a quick guide book I want to know what the top 5 sights are as well as where to take in the atmosphere. We also had trouble with the book in that we really wanted to see the Hundertwasser Haus (very famous piece of architecture in Vienna) and it wasn't on ANY of the maps! It had a very small blurb in the book, then referred to a map which referred to another map. In the end we got lost trying to find it and were very frustrated. I think I would buy the larger book next time instead of the 'Encounter' version because we found this book pretty useless overall. Disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy little book..., 29 April 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Handy little book to take away and slip into a trouser pocket. Obviously a cut down version from the big books so content is necessarily limited. There could perhaps be a little more accommodation information. However, I found it very useful and it was well thumbed with various page markers for maps and places to see. I would certainly recommend it as it covers all the main sights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Had lots of interesting tips and helpful information, helped to make our Vienna celebrations go smoothly without any major mishaps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to Vienna, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Great guidebook for a short trip to Vienna. Clear, concise information about all the places you shouldn't miss as well as a few that you very easily could miss but are definitely worth a look (anyone fancy a trip to see the coolest rubbish dump ever?!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 Oct 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
great book to help plan your trip - remember to book the lipizanners before you go!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I bought this book shortly before our trip, mainly because the choice of Vienna guidebooks in our local bookshops was very limited. The book's main plus point was it's weight, very light to carry. But we found the content somewhat superficial and not set out in a helpful way. Not recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Nov 2014
ok

Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Vienna Encounter (Travel Guide) by Caroline Sieg (Paperback - 21 Jan 2011)