5.0 out of 5 stars Much improved phrasebook
I bought an earlier version of the same phrasebook about 6 years ago and I think it has much improved.

I speak beginners Russian and the dictionary was very helpful for me on a recent trip. The phrasebook is handy too.

I'd recommend it for a trip to Russia, although for studying Russian, buy a proper dictionary!
Published 20 months ago by ReaderCris

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't find this book very useful for travelling on the Trans-Siberian railway
I didn't find this book very useful for travelling on the Trans-Siberian railway. It contained lots of fairly useless vocabulary but missed out some essential words needed to have a basic conversation with your Russian compartment-mate. If you're from England/Scotland/Ireland you'll be able to tell people this, but not if you're from Wales or Northern Ireland, however,...
Published 7 days ago by HF

5.0 out of 5 stars Really handy, 8 Jan 2014
L. P. Stamp - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Russian Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: Russian) (Paperback)
This little book is great! Lots of information and even cultural tips with pronunciation and spelling tips as well as hints for travellers . Divided into sections so easy to find what you want

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 14 Oct 2013
Useful and cheap book. Well laid out and pocket sized. The best value book, of its type, we could find.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good book, 19 Aug 2013
a very good collins gem book well worth the money I am very happy with this item will use again..

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 16 July 2013
Solid choice, as ever - I have the Mandarin one too. As I am already at an intermediate level Russian, I have not looked at the Beginner's Section, including phonology, but I dare say as with all Lonely Planet Phrasebooks it's rather limited and further research online beforehand would prove more fruitful. At times I disagree with the choice of phrases (some just aren't very 'natural' or can sound a bit awkward), but very infrequently. It would be helpful if the stresses on the Cyrllic were added, rather than having to look at which part of the Latinate underneath it is italicised. Otherwise a fine purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 20 Jun 2013
lots of things in this book easy to read categorys stand out well and the key phrases are good too

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern and up to date vocabulary, 25 April 2013
I studied up to A level Russian many years ago. I work in tourism and the number of Russions coming on holiday is quickly increasing.
Perfect for a modern aid when you lack an up to date vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Russian, 17 Mar 2013
Just right for my trip to St Petersburg. I don't think I 'll ever be able to speak Russian, but I've learnt a few words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russian phrase book, 3 Dec 2012
Excellent little book, amazing value. Contains many useful phrases as we plan to visit Russia without the help of a guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, 2 Dec 2012
C. Spear "JJS" (UK) - See all my reviews
This Russian phrase book is very useful for anyone, whether you be a tourist or want to learn the language. The phrase book has vocab for any situation you could find yourself in and I'll have fun trying the vocab out if I meet any Russians or go to Russia in the future!

3.0 out of 5 stars Render unto Caesar, 16 Jun 2013
Mr. R. Reade "Rufus" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good to travel with, and fits the pocket. I thought the vocab/dictionary was poor since it often omits words that are in the text, expecting you to have read the book from cover to cover. If Amazon paid tax it would merit an extra star.