on 25 May 2013
I have read and seen average review for this book, but its really a good introduction, but better if a you have a some Thai spoken words and pronunciation's, but I've given it 5 starts as I have used it to talk with a Thai friend.

Ok there is a few slight grammatical errors with common speech i.e. "Ca/Krap female/mail" usually goes on the end of a sentence not the beginning.

The Krap has NO indication to the quality of the book! Its pronounced Krrap and is polite end to a sentence, Its not obvious though when to use it, but an example in a man greeting some one would be "sa-wat dee krap".

Ok I do have some Thai help and my friend said my use of this book was excellent, so it can't be that bad and I agree its excellent for the price.
on 16 January 2013
I found it fun to use. Thai's will put you right on prenounciations but one can put simple sentences together with ease.
on 13 January 2014
This was bought as a gift for a relative who has friends in Thailand. As it shows the English speaking person the correct way to speak Thai, It has a double benefit, in that the Thai Language is also registered in this book, so they can also learn about the English Language, which hopefully will make communication easier.
on 4 March 2013
I struggled with this book probably because the Thai language is so complex! I couldn't really get the "tones" you need to use and I think it is very difficult for a book to convey this easily. I'm sure others will be much more adept than I with it!
on 31 August 2015
The actual content is good, with lots of useful vocabulary for if you're visiting Thailand. However, at one point I needed to buy sanitary towels when I was in a province that has little tourism and not so many English speakers, but there was nothing about them in the whole book. It's only a very minor criticism as generally the book has everything you need to get around, but overlooking it proved to be a bit..errr...awkward, especially when you have to resort to miming.
on 19 December 2013
I bought this for a friend going travelling in and around Thailand. The book is full of useful phrases in Thai and explains how to pronounce the words too. My friend said it's been invaluable. That's good enough recommendation for me!
on 28 April 2013
this was brilliant when trying to negotiate rooms and travel. I left it with a fellow traveller. It also gave the local people much amusement.... especially the pages on 'going out at night!' - very handy phrases! Great.
on 2 March 2013
Good book for learning Thai. Bought in advance of a trip to Thailand in a few months and have found it to be just what I needed to pick up a few phrases in advance. Would definitely recommend!
on 17 July 2013
easey to understand just point to the pharse and words to make a point ,then they wil tell you how to say it the thaai way
on 9 September 2013
FOR BASICS THIS DOES THE JOB . HANDY POCKET SIZED BOOK. YOU WONT LEARN THAI CONVERSATION IN DEPTH ITS MORE OF A GUIDE FOR THE TOURIST