Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 January 2014
Great little book for Berlin - the map was probably the most useful thing.

This is the first travel guide i have purchased in about 5 years, as most information you can find online about destinations, but im glad i purchased this - the information is simple when you want it to be, and the in depth sections are great for further reading.
on 30 May 2014
I downloaded this onto the kindle, the book itself is a great guide for the city with plenty of information about the places of interest.
I would prefer it if you could search for an item i.e Brandenburg Gate rather than just a page location on the kindle.
on 21 March 2014
Easy read, good range of places for you to look at although in Berlin, most touristy things are War based. Not much mentioned about tour guides...would definitely recommend the free walking tour, you just give a tip at the end of how much you think its worth.
on 1 June 2014
The bits that are relevant are good but eg even our hotel isn't even in the book, the hotel we stayed at is very prominent, the Waldorf Hotel which I can recommend for a fantastic stay in berlin the book defiantly needs updating.
on 22 January 2015
Amazing Guide, got me into all the major sites in Berlin and trough the Holocaust and Cold War History by reading all the information included. Next trip, Krakow with Lonely Planet Travel Guide in my luggage!!
on 16 July 2013
I used this guide the first time I visited Berlin and found it very useful. It's very well researched and organised and ensured that we didn't feel like we missed anything important out when sight seeing.
on 31 October 2014
I'm not going to buy a kindle lonely planet again. The search is dreadful, it doesn't fit on the device and the images and other captions get lost somewhere. The paperback is much better.
on 3 October 2014
Love LP guides but I must say a lot of the advice in this guide turned out to be a bit vague and at times inaccurate. Description are exaggerated so reality does disappoint.
on 25 December 2013
The second and final guide book I've bought for Kindle. It's a nice idea, and it cuts down on what you have to pack, but I'll be going back to paper guide books in the future
on 23 July 2013
We found this book invaluable on our recent trip to Berlin. Very informative and with clear and precise instructions to get to places would recommend any Lonely Planet Guide.