5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful

Published 10 months ago by swindgal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I've used Lonely Planet pocket guide books before and always find them very useful. This was no exception and we used it to refer to over our four day trip to Rome. I like the way it divides the city up into different areas and gives you a map of each, plus a large pull out map of the entire city. If you are going somewhere for just a few days and want advice on the 'must see' attractions, then this book certainly gives such advice. Together with places to eat, drink and shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little book, 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This book came in really handy. Small enough to carry around. Useful mini maps of each area and a large map, including a metro station map. We checked out a few of the restaurants and a jazz bar that were recommended and we were not disappointed. I will definitely be purchasing these books for other cities. I also bought the phrase book whilst I was in Rome.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for trip to rome, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
in conjunction this book really did help me enjoy rome AND helped me pick a couple of reasonable eateries ..more significantly a great coffee and ice cream cafe near the pantheon

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I took this on a 4 day visit to Rome. It fits into a pocket or handbag, so I carried it around all the time.It gives just enough information without overload on the facts.
The advice it gives is invaluable eg. book tickets, in advance, on- line for the Vatican and get a guide for the Colosseum and Forum to miss the queues. The maps were clear and the pull-out one at the back especially useful.
The many recommendations for shops and restaurants were much appreciated. The useful Italian phrases with pronunciation also proved extremely helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really rate this informative book on Rome, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
We chose this book Pocket Rome Lonely Planet for it's detailed information, as someone who has never been to Rome before. It came recommended and also the reviews were very favourable. Although it says pocket size, I would probably say it was slightly to big for the average pocket, in fact it was tucked in my wifes shoulder bag for convenience most of the time. . We liked the way it guided you to the most popular tourist attractions, also advised on how to avoid the long waits, by buying a Roma Pass, and to arrive as early as possible, this was most helpful. Travel info was helpful. We didn't use the hotel info but know friends who have. We also brought the Rome Lonely Planet City Guide, a larger version, which we studied prior to travelling to Rome. We have used Lonely Planet Guide books before when in Paris.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I found this a very helpful guide when visiting Rome recently. Gave good advice around which sites needed to be booked in advance for example the overwhelming Borghese Gallery. The map is sufficiently detailed to work out how to find places but tears easily in such a small book. I am planning to use this range again.

3.0 out of 5 stars pocket size, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
It is usual lonely planet standard for the advice on restaurants, ice cream places etc. It is very light and fits into a pocket which is great if you are restricted on weight/ space. However, it is organised in planned days which might not suit what you intend to do and the detailed maps seem to leave some bits out. I have borrowed the bigger version and I preferred it as it had so much more details on things like the Vatican etc. Overall, a good buy but I would recommend the bigger version.

5.0 out of 5 stars all round perfect companion, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Always get Lonely planet for whichever country I am going to, but the pocket version is brilliant for that reason . ( fits in pocket). So accurate for ideas of bus numbers , how much you should expect for fares for train and taxi too, places to eat for all budgets, what to see and so much more, get up to date info and map

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Would have been better if it had focused on more detail about how to get about rather than the smattering of info about everything. Does not explain clearly enough about how to get tickets etc. we found it irritating that a guide book just didn't have enough info for us to do the basics of getting around the city.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really accurate and easy to read, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
We booked to go to Rome without quite knowing where to go for good food, places of interest, etc.

Having discoverd the Lonely Planet book we were abel to research exactly where to go and what to eat. It is accurate and knowledgable and very useful when it comes to cost of meals, etc.,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide) by Duncan Garwood (Paperback - 12 Oct. 2012)