4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to visit Cancun and the Yucatan
It's what I needed to travel in the Cancun area. Great indications for the buses, restaurant, hotels, what to do and where to go.
Published 5 months ago by cecile

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid
Published 7 months ago by Dr. KJ Butcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to visit Cancun and the Yucatan, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan (Travel Guide) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful and accurate pocket guide, couldnt have planned our trip without it!, 15 Aug 2014
We travelled around the Yucatan peninsula for 2 weeks and referred to this book about 20 times a day! Was so helpful and helped us to plan our route to the various ruins, cenotes and beaches. Up to date on hotels, restaurants and sights. A must have

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 17 Jan 2014
Despite the Kindle edition having over 1,000 pages on Cancun, Cozumel and the Yucatan, only 12 of those covered Cozumel and those were rather derogatory and very unhelpful reviews. I would strongly recommend a different guide if considering time on Cozumel, which I would recommend - I had the best day on my trip so far there: beautiful, friendly, welcoming and fun. None of which was aided or supported by this Guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars In general v good, lacking some accuracy, 3 Dec 2013
I always find Lonely Planets really useful when I go travelling. This is a good size book with good pics and maps although some more detail/maps would have been useful for sites eg Coba. I understand that not everything can be put into one book though.

I am a bit disappointed about the accuracy of e.g. Prices given how recently the book was published. Some are v.inaccurate and I was particularly surprised to have to pay a 115 peso 'tax' for the Chichen Itza ruins (as well as entry) which the book doesn't mention!

Overall a useful guide nonetheless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical down to earth information., 17 Feb 2014
I have bought heaps fo Lonely planet Guides in my time and know that I am going to get practical information about the area I am going to visit This particular volume has the advantage of being very up to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars holiday essential, 6 Feb 2014
Y. L. Best "vonnie" (Staffordshire UK) - See all my reviews
Having not been to this part of the world before the only guide I sought was Lonely Planet as we have used them on all our holidays to other parts of the world and find their comments, tips, advice invaluable. great book first class service from supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference guide for the region, 16 Dec 2013
Ms. L. Simpson "Lo" (London) - See all my reviews
Nice and light and slim but with lots of nice detail about even smaller villages and areas.
Some good tips and details of culture and history etc...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, as usual, 29 Oct 2013
My challenge is to find a Lonely Planet which doesn't satisfy my expectation. I failed again, this guide is just so good that I cannot find any negative remark.

Lonely Planet Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan (Travel Guide) by Sandra Bao (Paperback - 13 Sep 2013)
7.99