5.0 out of 5 stars Success at Last, 20 Dec 2003
Miss Gemma K Hughes (Rotherham, SouthYorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When i first started at university, i was a little daunted because i was a mature student returing after a long break from studying. all i could see was well prepared teenagers who seemed to know everything about the academic life.
I noticed that although the essays were quite complexx it was the resaerch reports that were to be the hardest thing that i had ever done.I began to think that if i was to pass this course i would start to have to pro-active towards my studies. I bought this book on the premise that it would make me more confident with my studies. in short 'this book was a god send' it taught me how to write crtically and not just descriptively, and how to have confidence to write a precise and accurate research report.
I have a lot to thank this book for as i gained a 90% mark on my first report. this book really works. a good buy for the young and old alike who find the academic world a strange strage place!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 31 Aug 2009
A. Smith (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book helped me hugely for my first essay after returning to education from a 20 year gap. This is a practical book with examples of good and bad reports and essays - perfect for the mature student or needs a little guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for any student..., 24 July 2010
This review is from: An Interactive Approach to Writing Essays and Research Reports in Psychology (Paperback)
Having nearly completed the second year of a Psychology degree I decided to buy this book on recommendation for ideas to improve research reports. I must admit that I wasn't too impressed when the book dropped through the door as it reminded of a ring bindered cook book, however, appearances can be deceiving. This book is an information mine for any essay or research report as it reitterates the correct use of grammer and punctuation, explains critical thinking, and correct referencing styles used by the BPS. There are also examples of bad essays and research reports, and good essays and research reports which enables you to compare the writing styles and improve your own work. Already believing that my essays were magnificent although sometimes inconsistent ;) it was interesting to learn how my writing varied from one assignment to another, and how I could ensure that I always received the best marks attainable.

This book really is a worthwhile investment whether you are just starting your course, or need some help in polishing your assignments. A MUST for any student!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 13 Sep 2014
This is a fantastic resource/tool for psychology students learning to write critical essays or reports. There are examples of good/bad writing to help you see how to develop your own work. A must have for serious psychology students.

An Interactive Approach to Writing Essays and Research Reports in Psychology