Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 September 2013
it pains me to direct money and praise towards anything with the name Murdoch on it, and i'm also curious about the anonymity of the recipe-makers and what kind of deals have been made to get this book produced. however as a product it looks pretty good - there's a ton of recipes for not much money and plenty that got my immediate attention. OK i've only made one meal from it so far but if the quality of that is representative, 5* for content. in terms of format the only problem is keeping it open, unless you don't mind breaking the spine, given that it's fat and small, but I managed with a heavy book. anyway it's cheap so unlikely you'll be much disappointed.
on 28 March 2013
I have tried several recipes from this book now and they turned out perfect every time. Easy to follow and its nice to have the pictures. The quantities are easy to adjust to cater for more people if needed. And the recipes are tasty and filling for everyday not like some recipes that include ingredients you have never heard of.
on 18 March 2013
Great book for the single person. Portion control is good and never hungry. Although not a diet book have lost weight using these recipes.
on 4 January 2014
I bought this as a present for one of our sons having been using it myself for 18 months. Even though it says"cooking for one" it gives portions that are plenty for two if you don't have a large appetite.
Its partner "Fast Food " is also good value
on 7 January 2016
Bought this as a gift for my younger brother to try and broaden his culinary repertoire. So far think he's been too stubborn to use it, but it seemed to have a good range when I had a look. May pinch it off him if he refuses to use it!
on 15 September 2014
Book very GOOD, pity I can't print selected recipes from my Kindle.
on 21 December 2014
liked the book and the supplier would use again
on 14 January 2015
Love this book use it most of the time
on 7 January 2016
Why are so many of the recipes in this 'Cooking for One' book for 2 or more people??
And maybe its a little thing, but I have wasted a lot of time looking for the recipe to go with the cover picture, because I wanted to have a go at it - and its not in there!
Whilst it seemed like a good idea - to me when I decided to buy it - to have so many recipes in one book, finding what you want is hard work if you don't already know the name of it. 400 pages requires a lot of flicking through!!
Because the binding of this book has to be virtually broken to keep it open at the required page I'm not sure how long it will be before it starts falling apart.
It's another of these cookery books where the instructions are written out like a story. That may make for good presentation on the page, but its harder to follow when you're cooking as you can so easily lose your place and miss steps that matter.
I don't find this 'Chunky' book very easy to use so won't be adding to their future sales.
on 9 March 2016