5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and inspiring, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
This is not a 'how to' interiors book or a collection of rooms or interior styles. This book is more of a personal journey that the very talented author has taken and I found it inspiring, beautiful and thoughtful. Pia is a photographer and stylist with her own personal style concentrating on the natural, hand made. The rooms illustrated are her own. I would suggest you look at her blog to see if you appreciate her style first. I favour Scandinavian decor but absolutely loved this book!
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
This is such a wonderful book to read. I have brought this book for all my friends as it is too good to keep just for myself. It is a real pleasure to look at and you feel that you are being taken on a journey. Highly recommend this book to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
Both in styling and content this is a beautiful book, an autobiographical and soulful journey with lovely images. An uplifting book, buy if for cherished friends and buy it for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars My heart indeed wanders...., 17 July 2012
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
I recently had the imense pleasure of reading the delightful memoir; "My Heart Wanders". It was a compelling read, which I devoured in one sitting!! I must confess, I rarely come across a book that is literally 'unputdownable' (it 'spoke' to me on so many levels), however, I was spellbound from the start, and was sad when it came to an end (I can see myself reading this again in the near future). I adored the rich descriptions of life in Paris (having always longed to go there) and Amsterdam, combined with enchanting photographs. This would make a wonderful gift for a loved one, as the book itself is beautifully bound. The perfect 'Coffee Table Book'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and thoughtful, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
Something to read and look at, when you are drinking a cup of tea and nesting in your couch. Photos were so breathtakingly beautiful, that I think the text was not as good (but not bad either). I wish she'd write the home decoration book she mentioned somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a pretty book, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
This is my first what I would call 'coffee table' book that I have bought in a long while. It is just so dreamy I can't think of another word to describe this book. I am not finished reading it yet but each time I open the book I know I am dipping into something special.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure - but be clear on what it isn't, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
This book feels amazingly special - but it was quite different from what I expected, even after reading the existing reviews here.
It's very hefty - solid heavy end-boards and excellent quality paper, the publishers and printers have really gone to town here. The design of course is just gorgeous - but then it's a book where the design is at the heart of it (and there is a lovely surprise at the end).

However, if you were to buy this book for visual ideas for decorating, however open-minded you are, I think you might be disappointed. Many pages are simply background with a few leaves on, say, or some petals. The words and the personal story are very important here. It's about personal discovery. It is a book to read, to cherish and to mull over, rather than to flip through (and flipping is one of my greatest pleasures so I don't mean that dismissively). It will certainly inspire but more through ideas, thoughts and the time that it bubbles away at the back of your mind rather than specific images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
A really beautiful book, a great keepsake ,lovely evocative atmospheric photographs throughout . A real joy to keep dipping into , a great read too , lots of heart and care went into this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Heart Wanders, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
Beautiful photos, heart-warming story of Pia Jane and her passion to explore, to design, to love creating. A book to dip into and be inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty to soothe the soul, 30 April 2013
H. Thomas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Heart Wanders (Hardcover)
Stunning work! A visual feast detailing not only one woman's journey, but the magic she finds along the way. I was captivated- in love- and will read this book many times over. I've already bought copies as gifts for everyone I love.

My Heart Wanders
My Heart Wanders by Pia Jane Bijkerk (Hardcover - 6 Jun 2011)
13.60