5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting for the soul
Before writing this review I had a read through some of the others that had been written. I was most interested by the one star reviews, irritation at the inclusion of the authors memories, and the categorisation of the recipes by colour. The organisation of the recipes by colour, I feel, is quite a nice novel touch - certainly pleasing on the eye. As for the inclusion...
Published on 14 Sep 2008 by Pompom

3.0 out of 5 stars Apples For Jam Review
This is a very pretty cookbook. There are lots of nice pictures. I was initially attracted to it for that reason. Also the recipes seemed straight forward and appealing, no fussy ingredients. I do like the book but I find the way it is organised by color a bit confusing. Additionally, the author has chosen to include many of her own children's drawings and her own...
Published on 12 Feb 2007 by Meghan T Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Apples and Jam: receipes for life, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
I really love this book. It gives me great cooking ideas for my daily cooking. The receipes are simple and easy. Everything I made was delicious. There is a great variety of ideas in there from Bananabread to pasta etc. You will always find a good healthy meal in there. I also enjoy looking at this book - the pictures are beautiful and the little handwritten notes make smile. A gray buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
I got this book because my girlfriends family had it in nz and loved it, really useful great ideas, made some awsome stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
A very well designed book, with beautiful pictures, pleasant to read, and most of the recipes I tried turned out great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
I was bought this for Christmas, and have already made 2 of hte recipes since receiving the book - the sausage and potato goulash, and an orange juice and olive oil cake with pine nuts. Both recipes were delicious, and while I would say that a lot of the recipes (including the goulash I made) are indeed very simple, they are not unwelcome, and although simple they are very fresh, healthy and tasty. A lot of the recipes can be made with storecupboard staples (like the cake and goulash I whipped up), and although I don't yet have children, I can see that if/when I do, this will be top of the list of books I will turn to when introducing them to new foods. I loved the authors' memories interspersed with the recipes, they were beautifully written and a couple of them reminded me of my own childhood, it was a really enjoyable experience just to read through the book, let alone to cook from it. The book is beautifully laid out with lovely photos of both the food and the authors' childhood, it makes me want to start my own food scrapbook with all the recipes I love and photos to go with them. If you prefer straightforward recipe books with no personal detail, then it probably isn't one for you, but if you're looking for inspiration, nostalgia and simple but delicious recipes, I would highly recommend this book, it is simply fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars the first of many, 16 Oct 2012
This was the first book of Tessa Kiros which I bought a number of years ago and I was enthralled by the whole experience. I was facinated by the beauty of the book , the stories , the photography and of course the receipes some of which I return to on a regular basis.All of Tessa's book take you on a culinary tour whilst giving little insights into her life and the traditions of the countries and cultures of which she is a part .
This copy was bought by my friend who discovered he books in my house and she is now a fan They are the kind of book that you can take to bed and read as they are so much more than a cookery book. My friend , like myself is now a fan and deriving great pleasure out of owning such gems

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a cookery book, 28 Jan 2012
Puja (Nottingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
Tessa Kiros writes beautifully but more importantly, this is a book about feel-good food. Many of the recipes are so simple, but if you are looking for fuss-free ideas that result in satisfying and delicious meals, this is the book to go for. The honey rosemary cake is gorgeous. I love even the simple recipes like vermicelli soup with tomato and basil, or vermicelli soup with lemon and butter, Greek yoghurt with condensed milk and oranges...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
one of my favourites - i often give these as gifts to new mom's or just mom's
the Falling cloud berries is just as good... a must have in every family home.

2.0 out of 5 stars Apples for Jam, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
This book is meant to be geared towards family cooking and food for children, and indeed many of the recipes seemed aimed to please a childish palate. The book was very pretty and colourful but, I feel, too cluttered with nostalgic memories and mementoes. None of the recipes really appealed to me - all seemed quite basic and unappestising, even (the beef roulade, for example) to my palate. I don't have children, though. It's a nice book, but I much preferred Falling Cloudberries; it may be suitable for someone looking for more recipes aimed at younger children, though.

2.0 out of 5 stars FELL APART!, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed the recipes in "Apples for Jam", although finding recipes can be a bit tricky. Sadly, the quality of the book leaves a lot to be desired - having used the book a couple of times the spine has collapsed and the pages are now very loose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jun 2011
Beautiful book, lovely recipies...can't wait to try them out.
Despite ordering on standard delivery it came the next day! Very pleased. A must have for people who love to cook and bake.

Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life
Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life by Tessa Kiros (Paperback - 5 April 2010)