5.0 out of 5 stars A book with a greek soul
Being greek (and a cooking addict), I don't have that many greek recipe cookbooks in my collection, as I always think that I know better! :-). But Tessa's book is a treasure. The recipes are complemented by beautiful photography making it a book you should have on your living room coffee table. Going through the recipes I could tell that she took the time and effort to...
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Galatia

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Book I Couldn't Recommend
Tessa is an excellent writer and produces books that really make you want to get into the kitchen and cook - but with this book the presentation is terrible, even though the content is up to usual high standards.

The colour of the text makes the book exceptionally difficult to read just browsing - let alone when cooking from it. This does matter and is not...
Published on 18 Nov 2011 by CCookbookkid

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Food From Many Greek Kitchens, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
Good book with plenty of Recipes which are easy to follow. The reason I have only scored it three stars is because it is printed on white paper with turquoise ink making difficult to read without the correct angle and lighting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-buy now!!!, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
Amazing work both by Tessa Kiros and her art team. I loved the photos and the art direction. As a native Greek i was more intrigued by the book looks rather than the recipes. But i believe that for any foreigner who likes Greece this is a must have book!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, but what is with the font?, 16 Feb 2011
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
the book itself is well presented, nice pictures and a good amount of recipes. But the font colour is terrible. In anything less than 500w flood lights, you will have a hard time reading it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my type, 25 Aug 2011
Sue Kichenside - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
Tessa Kiros writes engagingly and the photography in 'Food from Many Greek Kitchens' is absolutely superb but - and it's a big but - the typography is unreadable and, in my book, that's a deal-breaker.

Turquoise in colour, an illegible font and title headings in a tacky typeface. How on earth did Tessa Kiros - who must have a huge amount of 'say' in the production of her cookbooks - accept this?

Also, she tends to make her recipes unnecessarily complicated.

It's a lovely book to browse through - but NOT to cook from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not orthodox but very Greek !, 1 Feb 2011
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
If this wasn't a very good culinary work, which is getting a lot of use in my kitchen, it would reside on my coffee table. The photographs which accompany the recipes are fantastic. Very evocative of Greece, it's people and culinary tradition. The recipes are grouped together in what we Brits would think of as a slightly odd (but very endearing) fashion but which I'm sure would be unremarkable to someone from Greece e.g. Easter recipes. There is very, very little to criticise about this book so I won't bother.Only bought it a short time ago but it is already like an old friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast for the eyes, 15 Jan 2011
Penn (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
This book is a treasure, far too beautiful to keep on the kitchen bookshelf. The photographs are of superb quality and make me wish for a Tardis for a quick visit to my favourite taverna. Yes, the typeface and text colour make it less easy to read in some light, but I can forgive this because they add to the overall Greekness of the book. Needless to say, the recipes are excellent and easy to follow. Well done Tessa and the team,especially the photographer, and Amazon for offering it at an accessible price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another beautiful book!, 18 Dec 2010
Nightowl (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
Another gem from Tessa Kiros. her "Falling Cloudberries" is a firm family favourite, and this book looks to become one too. I have a Greek husband and he will get this for Christmas - he knows where it is under the tree but wants it NOW! Well done Tessa Kiros.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 27 April 2014
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
It is a lovely book, my daughter has also bought the book as she loved the recipes, me being a big Cyprus fan loved the photographs and know the Troodos area very well, I shall be buying the vegetarian book by Tessa Kiros for my daughter.
And the postage was very quick I received the book next day same as my daughter.
I can recommend this book to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 18 April 2014
Lesley Brown "houmeri" (wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
This was a gift from my sister in law - and I love it. You don't have to cook, it's more than a cookbook. I can sit and read it, and thoroughly enjoy this lovely book. I will never part with it and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food from many Greek Kitchens, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
I have all of Tessa Kiros' cookery books. The books contain gorgeous recipes but are also a window onto her life and family. It's a privilege that I treasure and come back to again and again. This is an excellent book full of authentic greek food, with clear instructions and lots of tips and lively background information. She writes with insight, personal experience and most of all... with love. I highly recommend this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Food From Many Greek Kitchens
Food From Many Greek Kitchens by Tessa Kiros (Hardcover - 4 Oct 2010)
12.50