5.0 out of 5 stars A book with a greek soul
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Galatia

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Book I Couldn't Recommend
Tessa is an excellent writer and produces books that really make you want to get into the kitchen and cook - but with this book the presentation is terrible, even though the content is up to usual high standards.

Published on 18 Nov 2011 by CCookbookkid

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Book I Couldn't Recommend, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)

The colour of the text makes the book exceptionally difficult to read just browsing - let alone when cooking from it. This does matter and is not something unfortunately that can be overlooked.

The food, recipes and writing are great = 5 * - BUT the enjoyment of this book IS effected by these issues. Until the publisher tackles this buy another book on greek food - I own around 400 + cookbooks, and I am a keen cook.

I GOT SO FRUSTRATED BY THE TYPE COLOUR I GAVE THIS BOOK AWAY (Note I am a young guy with 20/20 vision!)

You have been warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book with a greek soul, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
Being greek (and a cooking addict), I don't have that many greek recipe cookbooks in my collection, as I always think that I know better! :-). But Tessa's book is a treasure. The recipes are complemented by beautiful photography making it a book you should have on your living room coffee table. Going through the recipes I could tell that she took the time and effort to create each dish as a greek would cook it and even better. This book is a must have for anyone who enjoys eating or cooking authentic and utterly delicious greek food. Thank you Tessa!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mediterranean Bliss, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
This book is full of simple mouth watering recipies, which are accompanied by superb photography. As usual Tessa Kiros has excelled in producing a wonderful book. It is just short of 5 stars given there could have been, in my opinion, more recipes. Anyone wishing to have a more comprehensive cook book for Greek food would do well to check out "The Olive & The Caper" by Susannah Hoffman, which although lacks the images of Ms Kiros's book does have substantially more recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hollidays in Greece, 15 Jan 2011
Jean Rijlant (Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
This book is so good I ordered it twice (the other copy is for my daughter).
Nice traditional recepies and wonderful pictures of food and Greece. Just by looking at the pages, it brings me back to Crete and the other islands i've been to.
The only and major downside to this book is the light green lettering which make this rather book difficult to read.
Otherwise I surely recomment this book to everyone interrested in Greek or Mediteranian food.

3.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR PRESENTATION FLAW, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
I have received this book this morning and the photographs are beautiful as always in this author's books
BUT
the text is extemely difficult to look at because it is an aqua colour and italic font so two bad things
I do expect to be able to sit and read a cook book and then cook from it but doubt I shall be doing much of that because it hurts my eyes
I am so disappointed because I have all her other books and they are a joy to look at
The publishers need to do something about the colour of the text pretty sharply
and when they do they can send me a new one!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another beautifully illustrated book of recipes.., 28 Sep 2010
Wil Andersen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
..from Tessa Kiros. I haven't looked at every recipe and but I have thumbed through it fairly thoroughly. It is an excellent collection for those who want to recreate their experience of eating in Greece. All the taverna favourites are there - briam, skordalia, horta, feta omelette with potatoes, scrambled eggs with tomatoes, baked dishes, salads, starters. In fact, quite a lot of recipes that you don't really need recipes for if you have any experience in the kitchen!

The pictures are great - as they always are in her books.

But I won't be buying it although I am a sort of amateur collector of books on Greek food. The reason is twofold: not quite enough new challenging recipes I want to try and the presentation of the recipes: palish blue type - really quite hard to read (at least at my age!). The designer won out over the practical cook! I think it is a mistake.

But excellent for someone who wants to start cooking Greek food and will welcome a non-threatening approach so 4 rather than the 3 stars I was first going to give.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the blue text, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
Another great book with wonderful recipes and pictures, but it's a great pity that the text is in a blue colour which is extremely difficult to read. Please, please, please, publisher, don't do this. Trendy it may be - practical it's not.

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast for the senses!!, 1 Nov 2010
Martha P. (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
As all the previous books of Tessa Kiros, this one is sheer pleasure: a feast for the eyes (extra praise to Manos Chatzikonstantis for the photos), a glimpse into local culture on every page, a big and well-chosen variety of recipes. Tessa's collections exude not only her love for her work, but pure "joie de vivre" as well. I can't wait for her next book to come out.

1.0 out of 5 stars coffee table book with limited content, 28 Mar 2012
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
This book looks ok from the outside and if left on the kitchen table or coffee table impresses with its colours and inside, the Greece related pictures. But like so many modern cookbooks the content leaves a lot to be desired. And there isn't that much of it either. If you like loads of white space and recipes in a pale blue font, with random drawings and pictures all over, then this is for you. If you want a cookbook to commence with an explanation of the greek alphabet then this too is for you. If you are happy to wait until page 18 for your first glimpse of a recipe - New Year Wish Cake (I don't believe it either), buy now. If you want a large variety of recipes representing Greek cuisine you will be disappointed. The layout and subject matter of the sections defies belief and logic. This is an extremely irritating book to use and I would not recommend it to anyone serious about ccokery.

3.0 out of 5 stars A museum book, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Food From Many Greek Kitchens (Hardcover)
It is a beautiful book to watch and read, and also great recipies, the only thing that is a bit difficult are the letters, they are written in a artistic way, but indistinct.
beautiful pictures, like a museum book.

Food From Many Greek Kitchens
Food From Many Greek Kitchens by Tessa Kiros (Hardcover - 4 Oct 2010)
12.50