5.0 out of 5 stars Wholefood for children by Jude Blereau, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Wholefood for Children (Paperback)
I can highly recommend it! A great book! My cooking bible! The recipes are written in detail and dishes are delicious! I am feeling great knowing that I cook the healthiest possible meals for my 3 years old son. Cooking him Jude's desserts leaves me the same happy! My whole family is enjoying the dishes from the all sections of the book (for babies, 1-3 years old, 3-7 years old)! I am buying it for all my girl-friends now and talking about it to the rest of the world I know! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Real, wholesome, nutritous food, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: Wholefood for Children (Paperback)
I love this book. I knew I wanted to feed my baby delicious, and just as importantly wholesome food. I searched the internet to find a book that met both criteria.. and found this. The book is very easy to follow and includes a lot of information about wholefoods, the recipe section is split into age groups 6-8 months, 8-12 months, 1-3 years and 3-7 years. It also includes recipes for cakes and food for special occasions.

This book is very informative, I have used this book from the day I started weaning my baby, he enjoys meal times and I'm happy that he is eating nourishing food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Wholefood for Children (Paperback)
I was looking for a cookbook to help me with recipes for my toddler daughter. My husband and I follow a strict, grain-free, dairy-free, all-natural diet that doesn't always appeal to my 16-month old. I also don't think it is necessary for her to follow the same strict diet as us, which for us adults is about weight-control and athletics. A growing baby has different needs.

That said, I wanted advice and recipes on the best possible ways to feed her grains, dairy, meat, good fats, etc. The recipes for brown rice dishes, different porridges, and even toddler favourites like chicken- and fish-fingers all include natural, basic ingredients. Staples such as vegetable stock and chicken stock are also included. Some ingredients seem a little difficult to source ("Dulse flakes"?) and some recipes are a little long in the ingredient list for my liking, but overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for whole, Real Food recipes and information for their family.

Also, it is nice to find a cookbook that is willing to discuss the problems with things like soy and milk alternatives, as well as how to soak grains for optimal absorption and less gut irritation.

Even though the recipes don't have accompanying photographs, this is a very lovely, and elegant cookbook. Despite being for children, this would fit right in with any other tasteful cookbook in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book had changed my life, 9 Aug 2014
G. L. Clegg (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wholefood for Children (Paperback)
I have an 11 month old baby boy and every recipe I have cooked for him he has loved. This book makes perfect sense and I cannot recommend it enough. I am a busy, working Mum but I now understand the importance of home cooking and I make the time to cook from scratch all the time. Even my husband and dog are benefitting. I don't eat meat but I wholeheartedly understand the importance of good quality animal produce since reading this book cover to cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Wholefood for Children (Paperback)
I did learn a lot. Probably 1/3 of the book is about ingredients and what is the best way to use them. There are some basic recipes to use on every day occasion and many new and interesting r. step by step. Wonderful for all the family !

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutritious, informative and easy reading., 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: Wholefood for Children (Paperback)
This lady is an outstanding cook.

It saddens me to think that 'Wholefood For Children' is not a best seller (simply by lack of colour photos and a marketing engine I'd say). This book should be a staple in family kitchens - it's inspirational.

Despite not having photos, I chose it over all the usual suspects (Annabel Karmel et al) as clearly Blereau's ingredients were exceedingly healthier.

Wholefood for Children
Wholefood for Children by Jude Blereau (Paperback - 1 Mar 2010)
11.89