Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 October 2007
I have all of Bill's books and like his style of cooking. After the slight disappointment of his last book, this is return to form. Given that he lives in Sydney, in the past, his recipes and style have been geared toward summery or warm climate cooking. However, this book has many excellent recipes for colder winters. There is still an Asian flavour to many recipes, but this book includes some pork and beef dishes as well as some winter soups. Like all his previous books the recipes never take too long and many include extras that add a lot to the dish. Don't be put off by the "Holiday" title, this is great book for every day cooking.
on 3 February 2008
I have been a convert to Bill Granger for years, he is absolutely brilliant. I have all of his books, have made countless recipes and have not been disappointed yet, neither has my husband who enjoys every one!! Even he can follow the recipes and produce excellent results. Have just tried the chocolate filled french toast for breakfast this morning, which I have to say was absolute chocolate heaven, probably not the best thing to eat after going to the gym but it was worth it. If you only ever buy a few cookbooks make sure they are all Bill Granger's, they a feast for the eyes and the soul and make cooking and eating an absolute pleasure.
on 22 January 2008
Another great Bill Grainger book, which reminds me a little of Nigella Lawson's 'Feast', perhaps because he has spilt the book into sections around seasons/holidays. This is a cook book that you can pick off the shelf and quickly find something to cook - whether it be a quick supper or a meal for friends. It's very influenced by asian styles/ingredients, which keeps things light and very tasty. I have all of Bill's books and love them all -if you enjoy cooking you should definitely own this book.
on 21 August 2009
Bill Grainger is something of a legend in Sydney, and I can see why. All his books have clear, healthy, fail-proof recipes. He is obsessed with:

- lime
- coconut milk
- lemongrass
- Thai fish sauce
- poached chicken

It's a great cook book, that comes highly recommended (unless you happen to hate any of the above ingredients!).
on 30 January 2014
I have so many cook books but I can honestly say I've nearly made everything in this book and repeatedly made recipes such as the hazelnut choc cake. This means a lot coming from me, I pass on so many cookbooks but this is not leaving my kitchen! Thanks Bill.
on 3 August 2011
what a fantastic book, lots of great recipes, very simple to follow and great results on the plate. all occassions catered for to please everyone. would recommend. happy cooking and eating
on 31 August 2014
I now have 3 Bill Granger books. Love his style and working my way through lots of amazing recipes