5.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Hit For Tessa Kiros
Yet another stunning book from Tessa Kiros. I have already loved recipes from Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes and Twelve: A Tuscan Cook Book which occupy the space closest to hand on my cookbook shelf. I pre-ordered this as soon as I saw it and I've not been disappointed.

It arrived on Friday and over the weekend I've already tried the marinated...
Published on 28 Oct. 2008 by @Tortepane

3.0 out of 5 stars Venezia
I was given this as a gift - everyone who knows me knows I have a cookery book addiction & this one is a perfect gift as it is such a beautiful book to look at and hold, with luscious photography. I am not normally bothered about photos in cookery books although it can be useful to see what the finished dish is supposed to look like, particularly if the style of food is...
Published on 4 Jun. 2010 by Marand

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pretenzia, 5 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
Any book with gold edging, a black velvet ribbon bookmark, and arty photos of Venice has to be good. Add recipes in which some of the words are left exotically foreign, the way the author lets you know she actually met some real live Venetians, and gives helpful hints on how to look like a stupid tourist pretending to be a local rather than just a stupid tourist, and this book offers hours of amusement for us all. In Kiros' own word; lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Venezia Food and Dreams, 25 May 2009
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
As with all of Tessa Kiros's books, it is written with warmth, passion and love, and the scenes she describes make you feel that you're actually taking part in what is happening. I must admit I bought the book as much for the pictures and the atmosphere that they conjure up, as it reminded me of my visit to Venice, but the recipes are fab and always come with helpful notes at the beginning. Another gem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but impractical, 25 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
Venezia is sumptuous to look at: gilded spine, lovely photographs of both Venice and the food, but probably one that will be admired rather than used.I like a beautifully produced book as much as the next person, but the production qualities always should come second to the content; here the book seems to have been stylised to death, and is a triumph of form over substance.One particular problem I found was with the print: it is in a beautiful gold script, which looks wonderful as calligraphy, but is exceedingly difficult to read if either the lighting or your eyesight isn't 100% perfect.

If I ate fish I would nudge it to three stars perhaps, but anyone who is not a keen fish-eater will find little of interest.I am not entirely sure how authentic the recipes really are, or what the author's credentials are for writing this kind of book: I feel it would have been better left to an Italian.

5.0 out of 5 stars The WOW factor !, 29 April 2009
Mrs. H. J. Fowler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
What a beautiful book. I gave this as a birthday present to my brother-in-law when he came back from Venice. He is a Cookbook afficionado and if he approves, then it is very high praise indeed. Even if you do not follow any of the recipes, the photography and presentation are just gorgeous. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars venezia, 1 Feb. 2009
Mrs. K. Luff (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
excellent book - beautiful to look at with gold edges to the pages and wonderful colour photos. The recipes are well arranged and give a varied look at the major dishes associated with Venice. The book was destined as a present for a Venice-aholic and was consequently extremely well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, 24 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
I absolutely adore this book - I love it so much that I have now purchased another three copies for friends.
The presentation is delightful and the recipes are simply delicious

This book not only makes a delightful gift but is also a lovely read

5.0 out of 5 stars Venezia: Food and Dreams, 6 Feb. 2009
Jenny Dalry (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book - I bought it as a present for my niece and it received such warm praise that I bought another copy for myself! It makes you feel good just looking at the pictures and reading the recipes -even without actually cooking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Venezia: Food and Dreams, 25 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
What a beautiful book. Just looking at the pages are very inspirational. I have Tessa Kiros first book and I just love it.
There is something different about her cookbooks. Tessa Kiros books are something you must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food lovers Delight, 29 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
A fantastic book, excellent photos and beautifully produced with amazing recipes, also a brill price compared to the high street chains

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, 3 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Venezia: Food and Dreams (Hardcover)
Even if you do not cook any of the recipes in this book it is wonderful to look at.If you do follow the recipes you are in for a wonderful gastronomic delight.

Venezia: Food and Dreams
Venezia: Food and Dreams by Tessa Kiros (Hardcover - 20 Oct. 2008)