on 21 April 2012
Went to Athens for the first time, and bought this book to accompany us. Good background and history section. Quite up to date, although one of the recommended restaurants was closed when we went.
The fold out map is good, but could be made more rigid as it ripped quite easily when the wind blew hard and we were reading it.
All in all another good lonely planet guide, which we'll look forward to using on our next trip to Greece.
on 13 June 2012
I ordered this lonely planet travel guide so I didn't have to carry a big book with me during my trip to Greece. It was perfect for transport, no additional weight... but it was a bit uncomfortable to navigate through it. There were tabs that helped... but I guess it will never match the confort of going through a book. I just didn't want more weight or an additional item to store somewhere after my trip ended. Apart from that the information was quite good.
on 21 May 2013
I bought the Lonely Planet guide to Greece on my Kindle. the maps do not work very well and in the introduction it gives a link to www.medialonelyplanet/ebookmaps and suggest that one can download a pdf map of better quality. However when you click on files in the list on a Kindle, an error message states that only files with extension .azw, .prc,.mobi and . txt can be downloaded to a Kindle.
The Lonely planet guide also states that one can download and print all the maps from this website, however this cannot be done on a Kindle and there is no access from a PC.
I tried to access the list of pdf's on the website using a PC, but they do not show up anywhere and a search on 'ebookmaps' produces no results at all. so the promise stated in the Kindle that maps can be downloaded from the LonelyPlanet website to improve coverage version of this guide, does not appear to be really genuine.

Patrick Byrne
on 1 February 2013
This is an excellent comprehensive guide for the traveller to Greece. I particularly liked the recommendations for itineraries and also the language guide.
on 15 September 2013
This book has nothing for the budget traveller. It is difficult to use and the information is poor. For example, for accommodation in Corinth there is just one hotel for 45 Euros and one camp site. I am used to have a whole list of options with well documented information. I am also used to having regional maps. This book has only one map for all of Greece that is too small to be of any use. The book is hopeless. I suggest Kindle try again with something better.
on 2 June 2013
Lonely Planet is my go-to travel guide and it's never let me down. Always well-researched and current, I've used their guides on every foreign trip I've taken for years without any problems.
on 10 July 2012
I have been using Lonely Planet travel books for the last 23 years. They have never let me down with the information they provide & are the most accurate books you will find. Any time I go against what the book says it usually is a disaster. They are the only travel books I buy! This new book is a replacement for the old Lonely Planet on Greece I've had for the last 18 years
on 26 February 2015