5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to Lonely Planet
I purchased this book thinking it might be useful on a planned road trip across the Southern USA. It turned out to be more than useful and became our 'Bible'.
Published on 8 Jun. 2012 by lionelo

Published 19 months ago by MKing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to Lonely Planet, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
The information within its pages turned out to be accurate to a fault and helped us to find many gems that would otherwise have eluded us. The only criticism is that the print is a little on the feint side which sometimes makes it rather tricky for us oldies to read.
Apart from that one little quibble - thank you Lonely Planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as usual, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This book fulfills all the criteria I've expected from the Lonely planet edition. Everything is clear and simple explained, maps help a lot. I would welcome more accommodation possibilities in smaller cities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault LP but the book wasn't as detailed as I might have hoped!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I like this book. It has a lot of information covering the whole of the USA, so it can be used time and time again. I was traveling across a few states and therefore needed a book that covered all areas. This did the job, but I would have liked a bit more information. I think buying separate books for the different states may have worked better but that would involve carrying around several books. Weighing up the pros and cons, a good buy! All the information you NEED in one book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading to Tour SW USA, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Exceded expectations. A very well written guide with an excellent layout, making it a simple process to extract relevant information. Having read some brochures published by US Tourist agencies, it is interesting to read LP's take on the same place! Personally, I find it easier to use than the equivalent Rough Guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide with useful, no nonsense reviews, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I have generally used Fodor's US guide in the past, but decided to buy this one this time on the basis of the reviews. That was a wise choice as I have found it to be well set out, with clear no nonsense guides to the various areas and places. I am sure that I will find it invaluable on my next visit

2.0 out of 5 stars Usual LP standard but difficult to navigate on Kindle version, 17 Oct. 2013
This is ok - but seems to lack some detail usually found in the non-electronic versions of LP Books and is extremely difficult to navigate because the 'real' contents page is someway into the book - the first contents page is just an overview. When you press the contents icon it takes you to that first contents. So you need to remember the 'position number' of the real contents page. Also the search function is terrible - if for example you search 'Boston' it brings up every mention of Boston in the order mentioned rather than the primary section for Boston first. So it is basically unusable.

Overall very disappointed. Bought this because I thought it would be lighter than travelling with a real book, but now I think I'm going to have to buy the real book as well. Maybe if there is a non-kindle electronic version (iBooks version or something) that would be better. I'm using it through Kindle for iPad and it's only the second time I've downloaded a book through the Kindle app so maybe these are problems endemic to that platform - the navigational system seems better suited to fictional books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the Lonely Planet collection, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I'm a fan of Lonely Planet. Two shelves on my book case are lined with Lonely Planet guidebooks. This one is another proud addition. I carried it with me round New York, Boston and Washington and it didn't let me down. Useful recommendations, informative and as usual, a great guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Always improving the contents, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I like the format that Lonely Planet started to used a couple of years ago. It is more elegant and easy to use. The only thing I miss is a detailed punctuation of highlights based on several criteria. It would be easier to decide what to visit or not based on some kind of scores.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay with the paper version, 7 July 2012
Already have the paper version of this book and wanted a Kindle copy that would reduce weight in luggage. What a let down compared to the excellent and easily navigable paper version. Not even an index, which is essential in a book of this size. I could have put up with the poor quality reproduction of maps but lack of index is inexcusable. Don't bother downloading. Returned mine for refund within a few minutes of downloading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 21 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Wish it had more pictures and glossy pages. Noticed at least one major USA subject not included strangely and dissapointingly It will do but quality not as good as the old lonley planet books

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet USA (Travel Guide) by Zimmerman (Paperback - 16 Mar. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.78