5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I just came back from Cuba and the Lonely Planet gave us some great ideas about places to visit and activities that we could do. Great reference to find the best restaurants/hotels and completely updated.
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Eduardo Gonzalez

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
Too much information you really need to spend time reading it. small writing & too much information. would be good to have the key information in colorful pages at the beginning
Published 1 month ago by Mr B Tavakoli

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great guide, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Cuba: Country Guide (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I've just come back from Cuba and only had this guide for the duration of my stay (3 weeks). The guide's recommendations for places to stay are pretty out of date. Many of the places recommended are the same as in older editions and given that Cuba seems to be in a phase of fairly rapid change, many more places have now opened which are vastly better options.

Particularly disappointing though is the lack of in-depth historical information and points of interest about the country, given that this is one of the country's main attractions. We often came across seemingly important sites on our visits, only to find that there was either: (a) no reference to them whatsoever, or (b) a sentence saying "there is an interesting thing here", but no further information about it.

I had the chance to look at someone else's rough guide and this seemed to have a lot more in-depth information. As for places to stay, I think the best option is to ask around for recommendations from other travellers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Rough Guide, 12 Jun 2013
PAUL OREILLY (Ireland) - See all my reviews
The book was a great guide to Cuba. The maps especially are excellent. I believe there is a new version out in the Autumn of 2013.

We referred to The Rough Guide while in Cuba also and I felt that the Lonely Planet was superior in most aspects - History, Itineraries, Travel Advice, Maps etc. In terms of Hotel and Restaurant recommendations, they are both similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need for your trip to Cuba in one book, 3 Jun 2013
This was definitely a great trip advisor when we went to Cuba.
Great tips and up-to-date information prepared us well for every excursion in our extensive 3 week stay. It allowed us to plan our trip according to interest and provided some valuable and wonderful insights into the country and its people.
I could not imagine a better travel advisor book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-written and extensive, 15 May 2013
It's a well-written guide book with plenty of good suggestions and descriptions, and it's easy to find out where everything is. I find the suggested routes very helpful. The only thing I would have liked more of would be descriptions of places where you can pay in CUP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet always excellent.., 30 April 2013
I chose five stars because Lonely Planet always gives accurate helpfull advice and tips with regard to all aspects you my need either during or while planning your trip.

We are currently putting together ideas for our upcoming trip to Cuba & the guide is proving very useful not only with things to look out for/expect but also with a feeling of confidence that on arriving in a new country you at least have some idea where you are :)

I would recommend this guide to anyone that is planing a trip there, the pull out map that accompany's the guide is also useful, we have purchased and used Lonely Planet guides for other trips in the recent past and they have never let us down...

4.0 out of 5 stars Preparation for our Holiday in July!, 2 April 2013
The guide is for our first holiday in Cuba in July have started to read it and it seems very informative and covers all subjects you need for the visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuba lonely planet guide, 28 Mar 2013
Prompt delivery thanks.This was the greatest book to buy gave me so much information before going to Cuba,just full of interesting points,very impressed with it ,still referring to it now.well written ,excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuba, 20 Mar 2013
Very useful and informative. Lots in there about the history of Cuba. If you're visiting Cuba independently and travelling about, you really need a decent guide book.

5.0 out of 5 stars great guide, 14 Mar 2013
great little addition to accompany me when i visit the country later in the year blah blah blah blah blah

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 4 Mar 2013
Brilliant guide for those planning on travels to beautiful Cuba...glad I bought it...very useful! Good value & money well spent!

ARRAY(0x1141d228)

Lonely Planet Cuba: Country Guide (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Cuba: Country Guide (Travel Guide) by Waterson (Paperback - 21 Oct 2011)
12.12