4.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide of the area
A useful little book of the area, and even if you don't want to use the specific itineraries suggested you can use elements of them to create your own trip. It made me very excited about my trip to the States in the summer!
Published on 28 Mar 2010 by R. GAMBLE

2.0 out of 5 stars Below average travel guide
I'm in the process of planning an East Coast road trip so decided to buy this Lonely Planet guide to plot the sections around Washington and the Mid-Atlantic. I was sold on the first few pages I was able to view on Amazon.

Published on 28 Mar 2011 by J. Cooper

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide of the area, 28 Mar 2010
R. GAMBLE (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New York Washington DC and the Atlantic Coast Trips (Lonely Planet Country & Regional Guides) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 24 May 2010
Really informative and has a lot of interesting ideas. Very well laid out so things are easy to find.

2.0 out of 5 stars Below average travel guide, 28 Mar 2011
J. Cooper - See all my reviews

Unfortunately, these first few pages which are full of helpful photos and maps aren't representative of the rest of the book. Imagine endless paragraph after paragraph of text with no context or visual reference for where you're actually reading about. There seems to be little in the way of helpful or readable structure.

I purchased a California Lonely Planet guide last year and thought that was similarly poor. I thought it would be a one-off so chose this one instead as the reviews were also quite good. Unfortuantely, I found it just as useless.

I can't say I'd recommend this at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars New York, Washington DC & Atlantic Coast Trips - Lonely Planet, 28 Feb 2010
Teri Aldous (North Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Handy guide to keep in the glove box when driving in the area, and for planning trips. Will comment more when we've actually been!

3.0 out of 5 stars It will have to do, 27 May 2014
Am I the only person who wants to travel around those 3 great cities on the East Coast: Washington, New York and Boston? I had expected a wide choice of books, but this seems to be the only one available. I must say, it is not very inspiring for a tourist - probably aimned at the american market of those actually living in this part of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide - a bit different, 3 Oct 2013
This is written in a easy going manner - just like someone chatting to you. It gives lots of detail and includes things other books don't. Worth having for a more detailed trip and if you like to know more about smaller places as well as the main spots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet's great view of the US East Coast, 24 Dec 2010
Erin B. Perry "erinsings" (Munich) - See all my reviews
I love the lonely planet travel book series and this book is no exception. I highly recommend it for anyone doing an East Coast US road trip.

Used & New from: £0.01