on 2 January 2015
Great little guidebook, I went travelling with it, and it provided me with lots of information regarding the local area. It provided lots of local knowledge which helped get the most out of my trip, and made me feel less like a tourist!
on 30 October 2014
An excellent shortened version of the other purchase ( travel Guide) The two books actually compliment one another although buying them in isolation would still be very good. Arrived within the stipulated time and packaged adequately. Anothe good buy.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love travel. I love Barcelona and I love pocket travel guides. The full-blown, hefty and my favourite Frommers complete is the benchmark. I guess I've got so used to it that this heavily cut-down guide struck me as a bit lightweight. The pull-out map is a nice scale and is clear enough but the alphabetised index misses out a lot of the streets and the map's orientation differs from the free maps you get at most hotels (where the Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes runs horizontally), so you may find it a bit confusing. In terms of 'best cafés' how could they possibly omit 'Méson del Café' where the picardia is to die for and, being vegetarian myself, the absence of Juicy Jones, with its amazing 3-course deal including a delicious veggie thali and a glass of wine for 8.95, or the deliciously evocative Woki Organic market and restaurant were unforgivable. In fact, Barcelona is one of the most vegetarian-friendly continental cities you can find, but that doesn't really come over from this guide, but there's plenty about the gay scene, if that rocks your boat!

If your rucksack's already hanging a bit heavy, then this lightweight little book ticks most of the boxes to help you get the most out of your trip to this wonderful city but, if you don't mind lugging around something a bit heavier and far more comprehensive, then go for Frommers.
on 15 April 2014
Good little book for a first time short visit to Barcelona. It covers all the main sights and suggests itineraries to get the best out of your trip. The separate city map is useful. Unfortunately there was some information that was out of date since publication but that is my only negative.
on 20 August 2012
Got this pocket guide from Amazon,it is the best book to buy,also at a great price.The book is a small size perfect for the pocket.Inside you will find day to day guides of all the best places to go and see and lots of tips on geting there.There is a pull out map to help you on your way.You will not be disapointed with this book fact.
on 3 November 2013
Good size for front of backpack. A useful guide, and helpful, particularly the information about the sights to be seen in the city, as well as maps. I would have liked a few more phrases eg on buying food, directions etc. I suspect this is because the Lonely Planet would like you to buy their Spanish phrase book as well!
on 30 October 2013
This was great, very helpful in terms of using public transport and the main sites and attractions. I went with my husband and our bub and the only complaint I have is the information about how to get to Park Guell - it didn't say quite HOW steep the hill was, which was not easy with a pram!
on 8 November 2012
This is a really confusing format for the kindle and you find yourself reading the same part over and over again. As for the Travel Guide itself I found the information on cultural things to see and transport links very useful. However the information on Restaurants and shopping doesn't come anywhere close to capturing the variety and choice which can be found in Barcelona
on 27 May 2014
A really helpful guide for visiting the top attractions when you've got limited time. Very useful map inside which acted as our bible. Couple of quoted prices were a little out of date but hey, only by a few euros.
Have bought Lonely planet guide books before and will certainly turn to them for my next city break.
on 24 July 2014
The only reason that this guide did not get 5th star is only because of the travel map which was too small to read comfortably.The entry for the park where Goudi's museum is situated omitted one small detail which has probably changed since compilation but this is not worth worrying about.Otherwise this excellent guide helped us tremendously during our recent visit and it does recommend buying tickets on-line for popular things like the hop on/hop off bus tours,Sagrada etc.This saved many hours not queueing, on our trip.