5.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed, very easy to read.
Thick book, lots of interesting information I did not find through a lot of internet research.
Include pull out detailed Bangkok map.
Published on 10 July 2012 by john

3.0 out of 5 stars ... lonely planet guides religiously but found this one quite poor, paper very very thin so tore really easily ...
I use lonely planet guides religiously but found this one quite poor, paper very very thin so tore really easily and a lot of the info out of date. Quite ofter referred to map pages and page numbers for info that was incorrect. Not ideal!
Published 8 months ago by Katrina James

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Tool, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Just back from 2 weeks in Thailand and this book was an invaluable tool for a firt time lone traveller there. I would have missed so much if I hadn't done my analysis with this book first. The sections on Bangkok are great plus there is a separate pull out map which was never out of my hand. Tips on which Skytrain station to get off for canal rides into the City were spot on and better than most locals' knowledge.
Advice on other areas such as Pattaya [don't both] were correct, but I still had to go there just to check myself.
On other areas of Thailand the book is equally as good. Getting to Chaing Mai by plane from Dong M? airport with various providers again spot on, as was advice on 3 day jungle treks [what do you do at night, and what if you don't like your travel companions?] all good advice. I opted for a day trip, much better.
Only criticism, the prices quoted for goods and services are way too low!!! If you are budgeting do NOT rely on the prices shown as inflation has defiitely hit everything from food to air travel and accommodation cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, shame about the tax avoidance, 25 Dec 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This book was a very worthwhile companion to my trip to Thailand and provided me with some good recommendations throughout.

By staying in hostels nothing is quite as good as advice from local travellers whilst you are there but to help with the planning of your trip this book is perfect.

The same can't be said about Amazon's tax avoidance which is a disgrace and needs to be sorted out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
After reading the first review I was a little put off about buying this book, but I'm glad I did. It has alot of information from traveling, food to what to see in each part of Thailand. Its really helped me to plan my journey! Great Buy =D

1.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet Kindle format doesn't work for me, 23 Dec 2012
My comments relate to the format and not the content. Having embraced e-readers I wanted to use LP electronically also but I find it a pain in the bottom to use.

I ended up buying the printed book as its so much easier to browse through and find what I'm looking for. The kindle formatting and layout of the page is the main culprit, the info boxes, images, maps etc are just not adapted well for electronic use. Even though there is a contents page which allows you to go to the section you're looking for, once you're in that section there are no other real shortcuts. Is its a long section then its a problem because I spent ages tapping my kindle and ipad to get to the page that was relevant for me so I gave up. I would even prefer a PDF format instead.

I shall stay with printed copies for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thailand, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
More informative that the rough Guide to Thailand, my friend bought the Rough Guide to Tahiland and it did not contain as much useful advice as Lonely Planet Guide. Also it did not feel as though the author was tired and had seen it all and done it all.
It was like being introduced to a new country by an old friend who had spent a lot of time there.
When travelling in future I will buy the Lonely Planet Guide for that countryThailand (Lonely Planet Country Guides).

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Travelling, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
A travellers essential guide, this book contains useful information about Transportation, culture, a nice range of low to high end accommodation and a handy pull-out Bangkok map. Disappointed by fewer regional maps than the previous verson I owned, and it would be nice to have more colour pictures of local highlights throughout the book, however it remains the market leader for me, always showing me fresh insights to a country I know and love so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Very pleased with this purchase, great price for the amount of information which you get. A definately must have if your considering thailand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Good book plenty of info all around thailand

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
As described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Guide, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Lonely planet is a favourite travel guide for me. It has up to date guides and ideas for places to see and do whether it be a slow paced beach holiday, a cultural visit or a crazy bar and club scene, this guide has all recommendations. A must buy for anyone travelling to the "Land of smiles"

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Thailand (Travel Guide) by Brandon Presser (Paperback - 10 Feb 2012)
13.49