on 30 May 2012
I bought this knowing that it wouldn't exactly fit my needs. However, it seemed to be the best general guide to the region. Ideally, I would prefer more detailed information about the history and culture of the various countries and less on eating and shopping. As we were visiting 6 countries in 12 days, and couldn't take individual guides, it was an acceptable compromise.
on 6 June 2012
My brother bought me this book as a present before I went travelling across Norway, Sweden and Denmark. It was particularly useful in helping to: 1) Find my bearings when I got to a place, and 2) Identify the best things to do once I'd got settled.

The best thing about this guide is its accessibility; it's obviously been written by travellers for travellers, and continously refined to ensure you can quickly and painlessly identify the information you require.
on 9 February 2013
What's there is quite good but for such a large area this book should have much more detail. Too much focus on the capitals and large cities - it's not that I want less of this, just more about the more rural parts and smaller places. Almost completely ignores campers too.
on 11 June 2013
Very useful if you are planning a trip across multiple Scandinavian countries (or St Petersburg!) and have limited space. Good attraction and accommodation recommendations; it does focus more on the towns and cities rather than the countryside (which we would have preferred) but it's a handy little guide.
on 20 August 2013
Adverts to download the (paid for) app for the most up to date info and advice such as you can buy ferry tickets from ferry companies at the port without listing the names of the companies or links to their websites is just lazy and poor.
on 27 October 2013
Buying a book covering multiple countries always has some limitations, however as we were visiting both Denmark and Sweden we needed info for both. Covered both countries with enough useful details and helpful hints.
on 20 March 2012
Book arrived promptly - very happy.
Book itself is everything I wanted - covers all the main areas in Scandinavia, plus St Petersburg in Russia which is handy as many people visiting Scandinavia also hop over to St. Petersburg. Really good sections on places to sleep, eat and drink etc with several maps for each area.
on 9 June 2013
Bought this for our cruise in the Baltic. Just enough info for our major ports of call. Includes St Petersburg and Tallinn.
on 16 September 2014
Bomprehwnsive and helpful
on 3 August 2013
I visited Norway, Faroe Isles and Iceland recently and this book provided information about all the places I visited. The prices were only a little bit out of date. Helped us decide what to do at each port of court. There is so much more in it than I can use at the moment, but the maps and info is excellent.