4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Helsinki
Published 10 months ago by will

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I'm a longtime fan of Lonely Planet and bought this before moving to Helsinki. The history and general info parts are interesting, but the Helsinki chapter is clearly not enough - only a couple of places and very generic info. I ended up never using it after arriving in Finland, it was not useful at all.
Published 7 months ago by ze

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Helsinki, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This arrived very quickly and in time for my short break to Helskinki. I just used the Helsinki chapter but found this very useful. The maps were easier for me to orientate myself with than the free ones we got from the Tourist info. I enjoyed the background info on Finland, it helped me to appreciate the country better. The glossary is good but thankfully all Finns I spoke to spoke very good English! Nicely written & recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helsinki here we come!, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Pleased with book, gives a clear overview of Finland, handy tips, ready to explore, would recommend purchasing this if you are planning a trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing guide, usual Lonely planet top quality, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I bought this guide for my upcoming trip to Finland. As per title, I bought several Lonely Planet guides and this one keeps the same high standard. Detailed with all the information you need to plan a trip: itineraries, place to stay/eat, curiosities. Definitely recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 29 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Pre visit read., 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I like it as it has lots of information in it that I want to know before visiting Finland and staying with people we know.

Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Finland (Travel Guide) by Fran Parnell (Paperback - 11 May 2012)
11.19