5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every brit!
Published on 25 Jan 2012 by Angie

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact and brief info
Its great to know the many little places in UK but it is too brief. Not as much info and details provided as I would have liked. Nevertheless it is compact and useful for visitors.
Published on 30 July 2011 by Vin

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact and brief info, 30 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every brit!, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I love owning this book! I've lived in the North of England since birth and am always disappointed that I've visited more of Australia and the USA than I have of my own country. It's great to have on your shelf so that if you happen to be going somewhere, perhaps for an interview, a concert or to visit a friend, you can plan visits to interesting places along the way and in the area. I think that everyone who lives in Britain and has an interest in seeing more of the country could do worse than picking up a copy to keep as a reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars New format an improvement on already great product, 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
The new format is an improvement on what was already very effective setting out. The use of colour helps you find key info quickly. This is typical Lonely Planet- a great overview with lots of detail on less famous places and very helpful for planning. The tips pages at the front and also at the start of each chapter in areas like hiking or interest spots is new and I liked it as it gave me some good ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fantastic, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
You cannot really beat the Lonely Planet guides when it comes to describing tourist sites in a country. Comprehensive, detailed and easy to use time and time again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge book but lacking detail, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I bought this book because I spend quite a few of my holidays in my home country, and I wanted more information about places that I haven't yet visited. This book, despite it's huge size, doesn't have quite the level of detail I was hoping for: the sections covering popular tourist areas eg London, the national parks etc are detailed and quite helpful, but whole counties are sometimes written off with just a short paragraph. Also, I was slightly disappointed that most of the listings for accommodation are expensive hotels and B&Bs, with not much coverage of youth hostels, and the same problem with listings for places to eat. It's a great book to dip into for a quick overview, and I love the coloured section at the beginning which gives highlights of Great Britain, but it's definitely not detailed enough to be the only resource you use to plan a trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Great book for doing trips around the UK. Planned several weekend trips already in Scotland, Wales and England. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars too big for its own boots, 9 May 2012
Mr. Michael Kelley (Madrid, España) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I guess I should have expected that a single book would offer poor info about the whole of GB. Might be time to stop paying out for these guides and stumping up for the data roaming charges and having everything at your finger tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars GB Lonely Planet, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
A really concise, informative book. Having looked at other publications, I decided this one is for me. The only dissapointing area is that there is not enough info regarding accessibility for disabled

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of lonely planet. But this book is really disappointing. It lacks the depth and research of some of the others. The chapters lack the depth and those little nuggets around the areas. Not enough about things to do, places to stay. It should stick to more exotic regions. May be they didn't employ the tourists to write this book - probably they needed people from the exotic locations such as Africa, China, India or South America to write this book.

Or it could be because UK is too big to be covered by one single edition. I doubt the second reason though

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I've never been disappointed with the Lonely Planet books and this one once again gives me everything I hope to find. It's a great companion for a trip anywhere in Britain and provides up-to-date information on hotels, restaurants and places of interest. The clearly presented maps are also very useful. If you like travelling in Britain, I also highly recommend you consider getting "Notes From A Small Island" by Bill Bryson. It's a fun read and a witty look at life here from the point of view of an American.

ARRAY(0xa7692504)

Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides) by David Else (Paperback - 20 May 2011)
Used & New from: £4.56