4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Informative
This very portable book is well laid out and informative. Im about half way through and have yet to test the information out in Oz, but it has been a handy tool in the planning process, is well laid out and is an excellent source for ideas and tips. I would recommend this book.
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by Becks

3.0 out of 5 stars East Coast Australia Travel Guide
I personally think it is too vast a book to read on a kindle. Could not do the pictures justice.
Published 19 months ago by Grannie Talbot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Informative, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Lonely Planet East Coast Australia (Travel Guide) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars East Coast Australia Travel Guide, 27 Dec 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 13 July 2013
Bought this as a gift for my fella as he was travelling to Australia and touring the East Coast he found the book was very informative with interesting facts

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great LP guide, 15 May 2013
DaveyH "Davey H" (Mold, north Wales) - See all my reviews
Like all Lonely Planet guides this one is well written, informative and great value. I have an earlier edition of the complete LP Australia guide and this one is almost as big - I think that goes to show how much information is in it.

It is just for the East Coast area though, so if you want other information then it wouldn't be the one for you. Pretty self explanatory though I think.

4.0 out of 5 stars V useful for travelling (based on 2005 version), 11 Sep 2012
D. L. Price "cider_dave" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I used this when I travelled from Brisbane to Canberra via Byron Bay and Sydney.

As I hadn't booked anywhere in advance it was invaluable in finding accomodation, but also good for general info as well.

As with all lonely planets - thouroughly recomended if you are travelling as has lot os numbers advice etc, but if you just want to read about a place then not the book for you.

Oh and I travelled in 2005...either there is an updated version or this will be a lot worse as all numbers etc may be out of date

4.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all - beware!, 26 Mar 2012
Scott Bolton (No longer in Hawick, Roxburghshire) - See all my reviews
The usual quality of LP although I feel this book is aimed more at backpackers. Still, there's enough information for us to plan our trip from Cairns to Brisbane. A note of caution though: this is a book for East COAST Australia - there's not a great deal of information for anything inland from the coast. If you want to mix it up a bit you may be better buying a Queensland guide or the full Oz book.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 7 July 2014
great

3.0 out of 5 stars good for info, 24 May 2014
Quite full information but few picture.disappointed as bought home as a reminder of trip and not successful for that purpose. Good to take with you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fully detailed read, 11 May 2014
I purchased this book as my fiancee and I were travelling from Melbourne to Sydney by campervan for one week.

There's loads of info in it, more than we needed, although there isn't many photos of the places being discussed. We liked the way the book was broken down in to areas, with sub categories like 'places to visit' and 'places to eat'.

We did find that there's loads of government run information points along the drive that give useful tips and maps of the local area, so we didn't actually use this book as much as we thought we would, hence 4 stars and not 5.

To surmise, this book is everything you'd want and expect from a Lonely Planet guide. It would be particularly useful if you were planning a longer trip than we took. I would recommend it.

As a final tip for anyone travelling along the New South Wales coast: we visited so many beautiful beaches, but the stand out one was 'Pebbley Beach' at Shoalhaven - Kangaroos on the beach that will eat out of your hand!

5.0 out of 5 stars Concentrated guide, 24 April 2014
Very useful to have a guide concentrated on the coast we intend to drive up.
We haven't actually travelled yet, but it is helping with the planning of where to visit and stop over.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lonely Planet East Coast Australia (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet East Coast Australia (Travel Guide) by Penny Watson (Paperback - 19 Aug 2011)
11.19