4.0 out of 5 stars True to Form
As ever, Lonely Planet leads the pack of guidebooks to Asia. The guide contains not only useful and reasonably up-to-date information about the major cities and sites, but also covers lesser-known places, and contains a good cultural and historical background. As such it's ideal for people who want to do more than just sightseeing.

We found the advice and...
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by D. Lye

2.0 out of 5 stars Delhi section
Published on 14 Feb 2010 by Marek Filipiak

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars True to Form, 11 Feb 2009
D. Lye "David Lye" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

We found the advice and recommendations were consistently reliable, especially the nuisances and annoyances in Pushkar - all of which we experienced - and the restaurant recommendations in Delhi.

2.0 out of 5 stars Delhi section, 14 Feb 2010
Marek Filipiak "Hamburg reader" (Hamburg Germany) - See all my reviews
I am a great fan of Lonely Planet guidebooks so travelling to Delhi I bought this book (the only guidebook I could find on the city). I can't comment on the Agra and Rajasthan sections, but as a guidebook to Delhi this book is a waste of time. It is very superficial and uninspired. In fact taking my 25 year-old LP India guidebook much of the content is unchanged, whereas Delhi is now a very different city than it was then. After one day I picked up a map and left the guidebook in my hotel as dead-weight. Eventually I picked up a much better Indian-written guidebook which pointed me to a lot of undiscovered corners of the city. If byuing an LP book when going to India it is probably best to buy the whole country guide which remains a classic - this one adds nothing.

2.0 out of 5 stars room for improvement, 3 Feb 2004
This lonely planet is quite disappointing especially if you compare it to the usual lonely planet standard. Information is not structured in an easy to find way and important information is missing. After being in Delhi for 3 weeks, I have abandoned the lonely planet and mainly use other guidebooks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat lacking, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 2 month trip to India ending in Rajasthan. The problem is with their choice of cheap and mid price hotels. In Jodhpur, Pushkar and Delhi I tried their recommendation of hotels, each time I asked to see the room before taking it. Thank the stars I didn't just accept LP's recommendations, their choices were lacking to say the least. I quickly found that keeping the Tuk Tuk waiting was the best idea and checking the hotels near the so called recommended ones was by far the best plan. I managed to find much better hotels in the same price range and if you talk to the proprietors and work out a deal much cheaper too. I have seen the muppets all over India sticking to their LP guides religiously and missing out on the far better deals and far superior hotels, more fool them. Use this book wisely and you will enjoy your trip. Hope this helps !!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A constant companion..first rate, 8 Dec 2012
Having been lucky enough to visit India and especially Rajasthan on numerous occasions (over 35) my sister wanted to spend her 60th birthday their with her friend. As this will be her very first visit I recommended that she read up about the trip first.This guide is first rate..as are all the Lonely Planet publications..and are quite indespensible to not only first timers but old lags like myself !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Feb 2013
Great informative book. I used it all around india. Travels made easier because of this book . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Jan 2013
The book is in pristine condition and the information is first class. A very necessary addition to my travel luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rajasthan Delhi and Agra: Regional Guide, 5 Jun 2012
Like all Lonely Planet guidebooks, the Rajasthan Delhi and Agra: Regional Guide is very informative, written by people who have checked things first hand and very complete. The only thing I would do differently is to put the history section at the beginning instead of at the end, but this really applies to all Lonely Planet guides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information, 15 April 2012
I am planning a trip to India as my "retirement present to me" This is up to the usual high standard of Lonely Planet Guides. I shall be travelling with a mainstream holiday Company, but it is always good to have some of your own information. Would recommend it for all information, whether "touristy" or factual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lonley Planet guide, 12 Feb 2014
Excellent condition and prompt delivery as always I found the section on hotels illogical as it was on geographic order not alphabetic since I don't know India this was no real help

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lonely Planet Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra (Travel Guide) by John Noble (Paperback - 19 Aug 2011)