4.0 out of 5 stars Lonely planet Austria
Published on 6 April 2004 by Ges

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor on Kindle
Kindle edition is poor, I had expected much better. Guide is poorly formatted, no index. Images are low resolution, maps & scanned pages for mini-phrase section and other parts of the guide to the extent that it's unreadable, zooming in doesn't help.
Published on 14 Aug 2012 by Richard

4.0 out of 5 stars Lonely planet Austria, 6 April 2004
Ges (Infinity & Beyond) - See all my reviews
I'm already a Lonely Planet fan having used the Walking Spain book on 2 trips to N Spain and my son sent me LP Austia for Christmas in an effort to get me to visit him there. Apart from being a good general basic guide with good little maps, its a good read with all the bits of history,background and cameos etc. I tried a lot of the recommended stuff including YOHO. and most of the info. was spot on apart from a couple of budget places to eat which were not. and some of the Bus numbers had changed or were wrong.
Otherwise an excellent book, fits in your pocket so don't go without it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Guide, 7 Nov 2012
Good guide giving all the useful information that you would expect from a LP guide book and it gives more information on the smaller cities and towns than other guide books that I have found.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor on Kindle, 14 Aug 2012
Not much taken with content, seems to be very superficial. Nothing about the towns & cities: Vienna gets just one kindle page of description! The town maps are split across multiple pages.
Thinking about it - 2 stars is generous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Information, 4 May 2014
Amazon Customer (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Planning a east-to-west rail-based tour of Austria, to finish up in Liechtenstein (dont ask), this summer. Lots of information, good base for making bookings over the WWW with TripAdviosr reviews and the like.

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited by the format, 2 April 2014
Christian Twelftree (WENDOVER, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE) - See all my reviews
These books used to be my bible when travelling, but with the internet, they seem rather limited now, as I just want to dive into greater detail when something interests me

4.0 out of 5 stars practical guide, 1 Sep 2013
informative guide divided by areas with helpful information and background on what you will find there.
Some nice images. Helpful to have on the kindle for easy travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Austria country guide, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Austria (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I have reviewed books from the lonely planet before but never bought any this is the first one i have purchased. Loads of information well written i will next year move to Austria i also like the german phrases. I have lived and worked in Germany for 10 years so i am fluent in german the german phrases will be of great value to people that cant speak german..

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard core but informative, 7 Jan 2013
D. F. Beeton (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Austria (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This book is quite hard core and I was disappointed at first. However, when you begin to delve, it is a wealth of information and stories and history. Very well researched. A great companion to the DK guide to Austria which is more pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jun 2012
V. F. Garza "travel buff" (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Austria (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
As always lonely plant does not let you down, plenty of information and interesting history. Making these book a great purchase, my travel library will be from Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars austrian kindle book, 31 May 2012
MRS M RUTTER (LUTON BEDFORDSHIRE UK) - See all my reviews
i am very pleased that i got this kindle book as it is a lot better than the paper back books or even some of the maps.i am taking my kindle with me when i go to austria this year so i thought i would put the book on the kindle.what a good idea.brilliant kindle addition.amazon do some brilliant kindle books.this one is a yes.m rutter

Lonely Planet Austria (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Austria (Travel Guide) by Caroline Sieg (Paperback - 20 May 2011)
13.12
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available