5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for a trip to Puglia
My son used this on a recent Archeology visit to Puglia and found it very useful. There are very few books written about the area and this seemed the most detailed.
Published 11 months ago by Jill Collinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate
Published 22 months ago by baithin

2.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
We toured Umbria in July 2012 and bought the Lomely Planet guide prior to departure. After the first day I gave up on it. Several of the important Romanesque sites were missing: these are the crown jewels of Italian medieval architecture. Also I found the level of comment superficial and often lacking insight. I returned to the Cadogan Guide to the Bay of Naples and Southern Italy, which I bought on publication in 2007. Although some of the information has changed, this is a well-written, highly-intelligent guide, eschewsing tired epithets. It is be no means perfect and could do with updating and reformatting. Unlike the Lonely Planet, which is boring, undiscriminating and seems to be going through the motions. It is though better laid out.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappoiunting, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Unfortunately the guide was not quite as comprehensive as we would have liked, in that a lot of the places we wanted to look up were not included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it for the section on Puglia, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
We found the information on sights and restaurants very comprehensive and informative. We tried several of the recommended restaurants and found their reviews to be very acurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good detail, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This is a good detailed guide with a range of prices for accomodation, restaurants and activities (not just the cheapest hostel in town).

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for a trip to Puglia, 8 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This is a great little book and has been a real help in deciding on where to go on my honeymoon. I like the maps and the information page about words common phrases etc.. I can't say much else as i haven't gone to italy yet but i am sure it will be helpfull.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you think it will work on Kindel for android, 17 Aug 2012
I decided to try this item - it seems a genius idea - instead of carring around the usual book you just use the travel guide on your phone.
however what the publisher might not be aware off is that travel guides are not read like a book - from beginning to the end
and that the times moved on and we expect google like searchability, click on to drill down (there were very few) and go back to see the section before drill down rather than the previous page - out of the 11 thousand pages ... ?!!!!!
you can bookmark - but guess what you can not write a note on the bookmark so after you have done a few you might need to search between location 548 which is the page starting with "on the read to ..." how do they think I am supposed to know what is 548?!
I want my money back
and do not buy it

Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Southern Italy (Travel Guide) by Pozzan (Paperback - 10 Feb 2012)
15.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available