4.0 out of 5 stars Good travel compainion but dont trust the maps
I used this book while living in India and doing weekend trips. The book was very useful. It helped me find good accomondation and good food. The book was not helpful when it came to navigation. The maps in the book are not accurate and not good enough for navigation. I would not got to India without this book as support in my backpack.

One last thought...the...
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by Dahlberg Anders

1.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet India kindle Edition
I am going to travel India for the second time. Last time I took the paperback version of this title and I found it very helpful and informative although it was a hefty tomb.
For my next trip I wanted something lighter I could read on the iPad so I was delighted to find the Lonely Planet guide was available for the kindle so I purchased it.
Unfortunately I will...
Published on 17 Dec 2010 by Gordon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet India kindle Edition, 17 Dec 2010
Unfortunately I will have to take the paperback with me as the kindle version just does not work. As a reference book it was useless as you cannot easily find the page you want. This is identical to the hard copy version without being able to bookmark pages and poor indexing.
It should go back to the drawing board and be reissued with a proper menu system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good travel compainion but dont trust the maps, 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)

One last thought...the book is heavy. You might be better off buying the thinner books from Lonely Planet covering only parts of India.

5.0 out of 5 stars As with all Lonely Planet guides, this does not disappoint, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Great value for money, much cheaper than buying in store. A really useful and comprehensive guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good purchase, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I bought this item before traveling to India for first time. It was reliable in regard of booking places to stay, which I booked beforehand online. The book itself is rather heavy, so if you travel only within the North India it's worth byuing the 'North India' (or 'South India) guide instead of carrying the heavy bulk book. Anyway I took this book to India with me and it was very useful,especially the maps of cities or states or just the recommendations of what to see in certain places...
Not a bad purchase.

Ewa, 20th Jan 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel essential, 27 Nov 2009
Mrs. M. M. Fisher (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Perfect for long stay or holiday, every thing you need to know about where you are going.

4.0 out of 5 stars Around India by train, 23 May 2014
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Having decided to travel around India by train for 30 days this read was a must and very helpful it was too.

1.0 out of 5 stars received wrong product, 14 May 2013
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
the guide is ok, but watch out - you may receive the old edition!
i guess some people cannot differentiate the 13th revised edition from the 13th edition.
some information out of date, so really dossapointed:(

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgert the New One, 9 May 2013
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Forget the new Lonely Planet guide. The old one is by far better with less non necessary pictures. Lonely Planet is loosing its well defined track...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide book, 4 Jan 2013
C. H. Romero (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I love the way they describe things, everything is very well explained and understandable. The guide is a bit big a heavy but perfect if you need the info to travel around the whole of India

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, 9 Dec 2012
very informative and detailed info on India. Best on digital format as the actual book was so heavy. Pity the maps weren't better adapted to digital format

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

India (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
India (Lonely Planet Country Guides) by Sarina Singh (Paperback - 1 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01