on 5 December 2011
I dip in and out of this book when I'm feeling my parenting getting a little chaotic. I've found since starting school, there is a lot more to prioritise in the week and it often makes me feel flustered at best trying to keep on top of it all. I can read a few chapters of this, and it sorts me right out!
on 23 May 2011
This book is very useful for all mothers. I like to dip into it now and again just to remind myself that we all have the same anxieties and insecurities and should never feel alone nor should we make assumptions about other people - no matter how things appear on the surface. I highly recommend this book.
on 16 January 2011
Another stunning book by "Guru" Sarah as me and my friends call her. Loved the book couldn't put it down as it's v relevant to where I am now.
This book is as good as the Buddhism for Mothers.
on 4 December 2011
It is a great book about how to truly learn to enjoy time spent with children. Lots of great thoughts about how to master everyday challenges and emotions, such as impatience, boredom and guilt, when it comes to dealing with your children. I've been practising buddhist meditations for quite a while now, and I was surprised how many useful ideas I got from the book. When I bought the book, I didnt expect that it will give such a great fresh look on the relationships with children. It offers a very profound study of human emotions, especially the ones, that we try most to hide, ignore or pretend they dont exist. It is a great read and can become truly life changing if you internalize the ideas presented in the book.
on 22 August 2011
A number of areas that can negatively affect the lives of mothers of school children such as stress, boredom and fear are explored. The application of Buddhist techniques to improve happiness in these areas is discussed. The style is very approachable in its conversational type dialogue. Revealing aspects of her feelings and dealing with her family and wider society makes the advice more pertinent as some of it comes from practical experience of the issues involved.

The areas covered do seem to have been influenced by those that affect largely affluent, well educated mothers bearing a significant share of child rearing (i.e. if not staying at home then not working full-time) living in Sydney. Many of these areas will also be felt by other mothers, but possibly they will have different balances and other issues may be of importance as well. Although the book does very clearly state "Mothers" in the title it would be great if there was inclusion of the issues faced by fathers; possibly for another book.

Overall the book will offers a good insight into how Buddhist teachings can assist in achieving happiness in general. The road to successfully utilising these teachings will take time. Reading this book will convince you of the worth of pursuing them further. Although it does offer some practical advice I feel that more than can be easily summed up in one book is required.
on 29 October 2015
Lovely book- great condition - thank you😊
on 28 April 2013
Great read. I can really relate to the author and found this book an excellent guide to motherhood with lots of practical ideas. I'm inspired.
on 11 March 2010
I have bought this as a gift for someone and haven't given it yet, therefore, unable to give much of a review as not reading it myself.