5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, recommend it, 15 Sep 2013
J. H. Bateman "jembateman" (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Czech Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: Czech) (Paperback)
I prepared for Prague by buying a couple of books at Oxfam, but couldn't find a decent small Czech phrasebook at any of my several local bookshops (or on 1st pass at Amazon). Went back here and found this for about £5. It gives all the phrases you'll need for a prolonged trip (even chat up lines, of which even the English originals are useful to remember), plus loads of information on transport, culture, food, etc. Top of the several books I picked up, tho Dorling Kindersley's Prague guide was also invaluable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pevo, 23 Jun 2013
Ian G. Mcneil (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
Having had a week touring the Czech Republic and only realy being able to say Pevo was a bit embarrassing so this little book will be invaluable before I go again.
It follows the usual set up for phrase books and covers virtually everything you are likely to face.
It may not take the place of good old fasioned moo moo or oink oink noises but if you try a bit you get a lot back.
It will be going with me.
Oh and Pevo = Beer

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear with a nice font, 23 Mar 2014
Great book! Nice font and very clear. Set out in sections according to topic. Some very unusual topics of conversation in it though...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Czech Phrasebook, 11 Dec 2013
A great buy with lots of information, my son likes it ! Recommended dictionary to learn, a great little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, 28 Nov 2013
I bought it for my english neighbours to learn just a little bit of czech language
I think it is really nice and good book for begining

4.0 out of 5 stars worth buying, 3 Nov 2013
Worth buying for people who like to try to speak the language, at least a few words and phrases, when travelling. I found it difficult to get to grips with how to pronounce the words, as I'm not at all familiar with this language, and maybe I would find a CD more helpful, but that's just a personal view.

4.0 out of 5 stars A resource for a future trip, 7 Sep 2014
Alan Rayner (Bideford Devon) - See all my reviews
Until I actually get to the Czech Republic I will not know how valuable this is but
on first reading it looks very helpful. My trip is not planned to occur until 2015
and so I am compiling resources ahead of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega useful when we was in Prague, 13 Oct 2014
Mega useful when we was in Prague. Found out that some of the words in it aren't Czech but Slovakian with almost caused offence when we called the waitress fat instead of saying thank you but she just laughed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sep 2014
very full and excellent guide

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 Sep 2014
good book, slow arrival

Lonely Planet Czech Phrasebook & Dictionary (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: Czech)