5.0 out of 5 stars All you need for travel around Western Europe
Published on 9 Dec 2003 by Tom McAteer

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Europe - in brief!
Good basic summary but you still need a more detailed travel guide if you're planning on spending any time at all in one location. Also, book very heavy so not good for carrying round with you.

Useful hints and tips though and would recommend if you are going on a whistle-stop tour.
Published on 6 July 2009 by V. Corley

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need for travel around Western Europe, 9 Dec 2003
I went Inter-Railing around Europe this summer and this book was my Bible, I don't know what I would have done without it. Apart from giving me information about places I knew I wanted to see it also gave took me to places I never would have thought of going and really hightened my enjoyment. The accomodation and clubbing reccomendations were spot on and I usually ended up in a cool place. The fact that it has reccomendations from ordinary readers means it's got a lot more relevant than some others. Again a truly awesome book that has pride of place on my shelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Europe - in brief!, 6 July 2009
V. Corley (Scotland) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 11 April 2010
This is a great guide for a tour through Europe. I always get several guides to compare and get more info/choices. Lonely Planet is always one of them and this one does not fail to impress and give good recommendations. I find it weak in descriptions of how to get places and maps/tours, but other guides fill in the blanks for me. Depending on your budget, if you only want one guide, go with this one or Let's Go (for more shoestring trips).

4.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Western Europe (Lonely Planet Multi Country Guides) (Paperback)
Good for people aiming to tackle multiple countries at one go. Very compact and includes all the important highlights of each country. Very detailed descriptions on things like place to stay, transport etc. overall a value buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Lonely Planet!, 22 May 2012
We are on a 2 year working holiday term in London and have been travelling all across Europe. Based on the travel guidebooks we have used, we definitely prefer Lonely Planet out of the rest. If you are doing a backpacking trip across Western Europe and you prefer to carry one travel guidebook, this book is highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet's usual excellent overview, 2 Aug 2011
Lots of detail, great maps, all the information you want. Best twinned with a Rick Steve's Guide for more fleshing out of key places and tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended buy, 17 Jun 2011
For a used book at this price. It was just awesome. No regrets.
It is a good as new just a little folded on the front cover if not it is like brand new.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 19 May 2011
Not the best book we could have got it would appear. A lot of information but much of it of little use to the traveller trying to fit attractions into a route. Quite complicated to follow and a mine of information which is going to be of no use unless you intend staying a lengthy period in each place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as always, 7 Oct 2010
summit (Cleveland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I always find Lonely Planet guides good. This one has met my expectations. Keep in mind, though, that as this book covers a large region, the amount of detail provided on each individual city/location is limited. It's enough if you are only visiting each place for a couple of days, but if you are planning to stay in places for longer, look into the more focused books (e.g., Italy, France, etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, 1 Aug 2010
I'll be taking a one month trip around Western Europe and didn't really know where to start and this book is everything you need to do all the planning! I didn't want to lug around 8 books for each of the countries we are visiting, especially as we are only visiting a few cities in each country and this all in one book is perfect for planning our itinerary and as always includes a lot of great tips for travelers. Lonely Planet has always been my guidebook of choice and as usual, it doesn't disappoint!

Western Europe (Lonely Planet Multi Country Guides)
Western Europe (Lonely Planet Multi Country Guides) by Ryan ver Berkmoes (Paperback - 1 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01