4.0 out of 5 stars Does a fine job
Out of the three guide books I bought, this was the one with the best layout - and the most entertaining read. Layout boxes and quick guides are important when you're on the move and need to find something fast.

The suggestions and pictures provided us with many ideas and the how-to-get-to information was quite precise in general.
Published on 8 Nov. 2010 by Holger

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great guide to Japan
Published on 20 Oct. 2010 by Will_Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great guide to Japan, 20 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
After getting this, I don't think I will purchase another Lonely Planet book again. The recommendations and advice can be informative, but a lot of it such as places to eat Sushi, and reviews of 5 star hotel restaurants instead of local delicacies are not what you want when you really want to explore a city. At times patronizing, a poor read in general. I'll steer clear of another Lonely Planet book. Good delivery time though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a fine job, 8 Nov. 2010
Holger (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal fir a school trip, 11 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
I bought this for my son after he went on a schhol trip to Tokyo recently. he is going again and said that he recognised the places from.his trip and wished he'd taken this with him as he would have found it easier to move around. he said the descriptions ere good too,

5.0 out of 5 stars Tokyo encounter, 18 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
This was a very useful book to carry around in Tokyo. I like the way it's divided to different areas of the city, each section with an own map. I recommend you have this book and the Tokyo subway-map and you'll be fine :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book that showed me many great parts of Tokyo!, 5 April 2011
Y. R. Selvi (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
If you are going Tokyo then I highly recommend this book! Not only are the tips on finding stuff great, but the map provided is life saver that would of made my trip terrible if I didn't have it!

A MUST!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 7 Sept. 2011
ANNA (NORTH FERRIBY, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
I used this book to plan our short holiday to Tokyo and all the suggestions i used were brilliant! Really helpful and useful :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tokyo Loney Planet, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
Excellent snapshot of Tokyo. Great to have all the details including prices and opening times.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was so good at getting me round, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
used this when I went to Tokyo. It was so good at getting me round, without getting me lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars the description and directions for places not very good., 20 Oct. 2014
SMAC (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) (Paperback)
Used throughout my travels, the description and directions for places not very good.

Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
Tokyo (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides) by Wendy Yanagihara (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01