5.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend loves it!, 15 Jan 2010
E. karel - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Year of Adventures (Lonely Planet General Reference) (Paperback)
My partner really enjoys adventures and so I got him this book as a present.
The only problem now is he wants to do them all.
It doesn't give you lots of information but enough for a taster to get you interested and is in a kind of calendar format with things to do all year round.
I have found it enjoyable too and I only like minor adventures, there is something for everyone in it.
Nice photos too.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new to do list!, 1 Aug 2009
J. Hedderman (My House, UK) - See all my reviews
This book has become my to do list.
Inspirational, informative and with great photography.
What you need to curl up and day dream with!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of great ideas for adventures, 12 Dec 2012
Activities are grouped by season, type and geographical location. there are more up to date versions but this one is still relevant

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 1 Jan 2012
My 22 year old son had this for Xmas 2011. He is very active, sporty & enjoys unusual challenges (having recently run up Snowdon for charity!). I wanted to get him an 'adventure' book, but just couldn't make my mind up which one to get from the miriad of simmilar on offer. Lonely Planet are the National Geographics of light reading and certainly deliver with this read. My son read through this book without surfacing for hours! Although some of the ideas are way out of any average readers reach, eg; being blasted into space, there are many fantastic ideas, information and seeds for thought in it. The excellent editorials are complimented by very colourful and interesting photos. It's a definate 'gota have' for any budding explorer, or any of us that just wonder 'what if'. It's the sort of book that will be referred to for many years as finances & fantasies dictate. Don't call into the travel agents for the usual round of brochures - just buy this for some very real 'could do' ideas for travel with a difference.

A Year of Adventures (Lonely Planet General Reference)
A Year of Adventures (Lonely Planet General Reference) by Andrew Bain (Paperback - 1 Aug 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01