5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable and trustworthy travelling companion
For me Lonely Planet books do exactly what they say on the tin, and for the kind of holidays I like going on, I'll pretty much always make sure that I'm taking the relevant Lonely Planet with me.

Published on 7 Oct. 2008 by Mr. Stuart Bruce

2.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet Guide to Finland
I bought this book a year ago now and found it pretty poor! I've been to finland 10 or more times and feel I know the country and its people a lot more than the author of this book!
Published on 29 Jun. 2003 by borntoairguitar

5.0 out of 5 stars A reliable and trustworthy travelling companion, 7 Oct. 2008
Mr. Stuart Bruce "DonQuibeats" (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

This Finland book is no exception, and helped us find some great places to stay and to eat, many of which we wouldn't have otherwise found out about. We pretty much always agreed with the brief comments in each review as well.

There's a worthwhile 50 pages introducing Finnish history and culture at the beginning and the rest of the book is sensibly organised, starting with Helsinki and the South and working up to Lapland towards the back of the book.

I know this sounds more like an advert than a review but we couldn't fault this book on our recent Finnish trip, and it was well-thumbed.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better LPs of a country in Europe, 7 Aug. 2007
Dutch (Amsterdam, Holland) - See all my reviews
LP does have better and worse books of the places in Europe (those to the well organized and covered places like Malta or the Canary Islands are really not necessary). This one has for many years been one of my favourite LPs. This because there are still few good detailled guides about Finland, and the book for once does cover travel for both the low budget traveller and those who want to travel more in luxury. Giving also good (although not extensive) information about people, culture, language (of which not a lot is well known outside the country) I would recommend this one to all travellers to Finland, even if Finland actually is a country with excellent tourist office (both national and per place)providing good information on almost all places in Finland, also in english.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of info, 29 Nov. 2009
J. Hoogendorp (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finland (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
We had the previous issue of the Finland guide, but decided to buy the new one for our new journey. Lots of new photo's and information. Lonely planet guides are very helpfull when you want to " get away from the crowds" with good tips on places to go and public transport. Only disadvantage is the guides are a bit boring to see. There's only one photo section, the rest of the book is text.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet Guide to Finland, 29 Jun. 2003
His descriptions of Finnish attitudes and temproment are so stereotyped and dated. Fascinating Museums, Buildings and Shops do not seem to feature! I can not comprehend how some one could produce this kind of book, about such a fascinating and unique place! Finland is a dynamic vibrant and varied place and has a lot more to offer than this guide would suggest! Its a real dissapointment, it does however carry some useful logistical info, trains, hotels/ hostels ect. But most of this info can be found on the net or from the many Tourist Infomation Offices in Finland. I do hope he's done some home work for this edition!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely planet, 3 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Finland (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
This must have been my number 20+ lonely planet guide and a real good one maps are very good ,maybe a bit to much focused on Helsinki therefore the rest of Finland's info seemed a little vague.

2.0 out of 5 stars If drinking is your thing buy this guide book, 28 July 2009
This review is from: Finland (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I used to be a big fan of lonely planet guide books but this one must be the worst one I've used. One of the top 5 things to do in Helsinki according to this guide is to go get drunk in Tallinn. Plus the fine for not buying you train ticket before boarding is 80 euros not 3 like the book says.

Finland (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Finland (Lonely Planet Country Guides) by Andy Symington (Paperback - 1 April 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01