Lonely Planet Hungary (Travel Guide)
Price:£15.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 1 August 2010
I got back from Hungary yesterday after a holiday there with family. I know things change and prices are a little crazy with the GFC worldwide, but the variation in prices and the number of things that have changed in the book that was mid-2009 release (so yes 1 year) leads me to believe that perhaps not as much effort was put into the update of this lonely planet as was needed.

I am a big lonely planet fan, but lately they do not seem to have the same intimate knowledge. My Hungarian inlaws disagreed with many of the recomendations of places to eat/drink, and I have to say that after visiting some places against their advice I am starting to wonder.

LP, please get some locals to re-write/update your Hungary/Budapest books properly!
on 6 June 2013
We bought this in hard back as we spend most of the year living in Hungary. It is well set out, readable and a very good reference book. For anyone thinking of visiting this country I'd suggest you get this book as it makes it clear that there is a great deal more to Hungary than Budapest.
on 10 April 2013
Good clear information which allowed me to plan our visit in detail and find appropriate accommodation to stay in. Useful town plans.