4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Turkish Phrasebook
This little phrasebook is a handy size for sticking in your pocket or rucksack but is still comprehensive enough for almost any situation. It covers all of the normal sections you would expect but it also has a pretty good section on 'relationships' and all that entails. All in all, a handy little phrasebook for most travellers and tourists.
Published on 18 Jun. 2010 by Mr Ed

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, had others I preferred to use
Have been teaching myself a few words of Turkish to make my holiday a better experience. This is handy as it is pocket sized so good to take out when sightseeing or going to a restaurant. I didn't really like the way the chapters were ordered, a bit confusing but the phonetics were very useful.
Published 21 months ago by SWLondon Lady

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Turkish Phrasebook, 18 Jun. 2010
Mr Ed (Dumfriesshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lonely Planet Turkish Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real conversation starter, 22 Jun. 2010
Dominic Parkes "Living The Gud Life" (Samodiva, Bulgaria) - See all my reviews
I bought this book when I moved to a Turkish speaking village, and it really gets to grips with the basics, without letting too much hard grammar get in the way. The 'romance' section in particular raised a few eyebrows in my local pub, they have learnt all the English equivalents. I often get greeted 'I love you very much' followed by a chorus of laughter. A great ice breaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you've already experience of speaking foreign languages, 20 Nov. 2013
I like to be able to speak a bit of the local language when I go on holiday and primarily purchased this book for use around the bar, as well as for exchanging plesantries. Yes, there are sections of this book which are for adults but which also appeals to my level of humour, but there overall I was confident using this and it's of a nice to size to be able to carry around.

The only issue I had is that the way it was written to be pronounced, was not how the turkish people pronounced it. But perhaps it's like our different accents we have in Britain.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful and compact, 15 Mar. 2013
I've looked at several phrase books and this one seems to be the most useful and compact. I like the organization too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lonely planet Phrasebook, 8 Oct. 2013
Everythingh I expected it to be, very easy to follow with all thye right sort of phrases for long and short stay

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, had others I preferred to use, 28 Aug. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful when I out of the way places, 15 Jan. 2013
Most useful when I places with no English spoken. Went alongside the gesturing and laughter well. People appreciated our attempts at speaking their language.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Required, 21 May 2014
Neat little phrasebook for in pocket; good content and well laid out with easy to find individually colour coded chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phrasebook, 16 April 2014
What a neat and small sized phrase book this is. Its very useful to slip into my pocket when I go to Turkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Turkish phrasebook, 9 Feb. 2013
Arrived quickly and although it was second hand it looks as good as new. We go to Turkey several times a year and our previous phrasebook had worn out so this is an excellent replacemnet.

Lonely Planet Turkish Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
Lonely Planet Turkish Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook) by Lonely Planet (Paperback - 18 July 2008)
Used & New from: £0.44