5.0 out of 5 stars Great little guidebook!
I bought this guide shortly before leaving for my first visit to Malta and was astounded by the volume of information that would prepare me for the trip. Interspersed with great photos, the text is clearly written and logically laid out and was remarkably up to date as there is a lot of grand scale improvement going on in Malta at the moment. All this in a slim volume...
Published on 22 Sep 2010 by Helsbiggerpicture

3.0 out of 5 stars My personal tour guide for a fantastic place!
Ok, so I know what other's have said but, I guess it depends on how you use the guide. I found it very useful. I traveled Malta and Gozo. I used reccomendations for accomodations and restaurants. I was quite pleased with both. Lonely Planet usually doesn't disappoint me. The quality of information isn't consistent among all of their guides but, this one offers good...
Published on 13 July 2009 by B. Belmont Peters

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I always travel with a L.P, 23 Nov 2012
Fortunately it was not so out of date as usual. I would suggest not going to Malta in September as swarming with tourists

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide book - but no good maps, 24 Aug 2012
Mette Bak - See all my reviews
The book delivered on details and information about Malta and Gozo and it definitely helped improve our holiday. The only thing that would have made this truly excellent was if a detailed map of Malta and Gozo was added. There are section maps in the book, but because the islands are so small you often need to know where the different places are in conjunction with each other. Having said that though, Malta is pretty easy to get around so you will work it out either way.

3.0 out of 5 stars LP tries too hard to be exotic, 28 Jun 2011
I am half Maltese, and have been visiting Malta regularly since a child. I bought the guide in order to learn some more about the island and have a proper holiday there (visiting relatives means I have seen the same towns many times). Overall, the guide seems fairly comprehensive, however the diving section is a bit disappointing (6 pages of text with 1/2 a page of the usual exposition of 'Responsible diving' is hardly a chapter, as described).

My issue with this guide is that it uses 'Malti', rather than 'Maltese' to describe the Maltese language. This is simply ridiculous. LP would not write a guide using 'español' rather than 'Spanish'. No Maltese person refers to the native language as Malti in English; to read 'Malti' page after page is grating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal little tour guide, 13 April 2011
An excellent book featuring things not found in other guide books. I carried it everywhere and really wish I had the time to read through it before going away. I found the information up to date and very easy to understand. I would recommend this book to anyone, any age as very little is missed out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Malta and Gozo, 5 Nov 2009
William Phelps (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Like all Lonely Planet guides this one is excellent. I found it invaluable on my visit and cannot recommend it highly enough if you are planning a visit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Malta and Gozo Lonely Book, 3 Sep 2012
The author of this book must either be very hard to please or was writing for an upper class twit audience.

3.0 out of 5 stars Neutral Comment, 8 Jun 2010
I would say this is a standard travel guide. I found it useful as introduction for Malta, however, I am not particularly impressed too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Totally unnecessary LP guide, 7 Aug 2007
Dutch (Amsterdam, Holland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
I wonder where LP will set its own limit on the destinations they cover. Being excellent and nr.1 in guidebooks of unexplored, less known or not well organized places, they also have written books about places like Malta (and The Canary Islands) where one can go easy on your own without a guidebook like this one.
About Malta there are numerous guidebooks with detailled descriptions of the places, and that is what people ever need to visit Malta. Most people will be there in some sort of package tour already anyway. Once there the locals speak english and the island is so well organized you do not need a LP to find out what to do, how to get around etc. The tourist office is also extremely well providing brochures, maps of everything you need before and during your stay.
Do buy an LP when travelling to Asia, Africa or European countries like Romania or Ukraine, but Malta???
Would you buy a LP if they decide to write one about Eurodisney in Paris or Benidorm?

3.0 out of 5 stars Malta & Gozo, 19 Jan 2010
T. Vierhout (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
it all looks great, unfortunately we recieved the booklet after our holidays. I just didint order it in time.
but w went to see the places of interest first and than read the book and it is correct.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xad2bbc6c)

Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Malta and Gozo (Lonely Planet Country Guides) by Carolyn Bain (Paperback - 1 April 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01