5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Thorough, As Lonely Planet Books Usually Are
If you buy just one book for your Baltic trip, this is the one. It is well-written, chock full of practical information and historic background to make the most of your travels. There's no worry if you don't know the language or how to catch the bus in Tallinn; it helps you do it yourself.

The one minor irritation is that there was no reference to...
Published on 1 Mar. 2007 by Mykolas Joseph

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad to start you off.
Using this book to help me whilst visiting Lithuania, I encountered my first problem almost right away. Setting my watch 2 hours ahead of British time, as suggested by the book, I found that I was running one hour ahead of everyone else. This was a very small error, and not too much of a problem.
During my stay the guide was an excellent help. Giving me the...
Published on 6 Mar. 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Thorough, As Lonely Planet Books Usually Are, 1 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Estonia Latvia and Lithuania (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)

The one minor irritation is that there was no reference to TrekBaltics, an Estonian adventure travel company that we found on our own. That was a great find.

All in all -- a terrific book, and the most updated one available today.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad to start you off., 6 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
During my stay the guide was an excellent help. Giving me the confidence to explore and look around without too much concern. The advice on the health, and safety, risks was spot on and well valued.
The actual lay out of the book could have been better set, in order to access the information required easier and quickly. Other than that, this is an essential guide for anyone travelling to the Baltic Region.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but could be better, 11 Aug. 2009
B. Belmont Peters (Boston,MA USA) - See all my reviews
I used this guide on two trips first Latvia and Estonia, then later for Lithuania. I found the information useful but, there seemed to be a need for more. I think that each country deserves a separate guide. I was happy with the guide but, felt that it could use more pics and larger maps. It served me well but, I did search out additional info from the internet. I did use many of the reccomendations for accomodations and restaurants and was very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential kit, 4 April 2002
By A Customer
Having found so little in the way of information about the Baltic States we were very reliant upon this book when travelling in Estonia. For the most part we found the book very reliable, although the maps were not particularly brilliant - the Tallin map being crammed onto one small page.

2.0 out of 5 stars This edition is completely out-of-date, 12 July 2011
CN (Royaume-Uni) - See all my reviews
I suppose things change quickly in the Baltics, but I've never seen so many errors in a guide book. Apparently the Lonely Planet team were touring the region a few weeks ago so hopefully by next year there'll be a completely updated and reliable guide to follow. But this one has proved a nightmare on my 2-week journey. For instance: opening days of the Trakai Castle, of the KGB museum in Vilnius (it does NOT open on a Tuesday), and of course restaurants that no longer exist. The maps are very difficult to follow too, so I had to rely on those given out by the various Tourist Offices.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lonelyplanet Baltic, 9 Dec. 2010
Mr. A. P. Sawyer "Beardasaurus" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this guide along with the rough guide version for the baltic states. I only really went to Estonia, and found both to be useful, but the lonelyplanet slightly less so. The maps weren't as clear, and it was slightly less detailed in descriptions of regions and places to stay, things to do etc. Having said that, I was glad to have taken both, as when one failed the other would help me out and so by cross referencing I could get an answer to most questions that might arise. All in all a good book about an amazing region.

4.0 out of 5 stars Guide to Tallinn, 14 Jan. 2012
I used this guide book on a visit last year to Tallinn. It contained most of the information I needed with regard to history, sites to visit, restaurants and cafes to eat at and bars/pubs in which to enjoy a beer. There were also details of out of town excursions as it is a guide to Estonia (Latvia & Lithuania) and not just the capital. I would recommend this book... it is up to the usual Lonely Planet standards and if you are new to these guides you may find it's the only one you'll need.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Baltics in a Nutshell, 22 Sept. 2010
Ms. J. L. Wogan "jenniferwren" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
We went to Riga for a few days and while we were there visited Vilnius. We always take Lonely Planet with us and this edition didn't fail us. It's more or less up to date (prices change constantly, of course) and we used it everyday. It's well-leafed and dog-eared now, as any good travel book should be. Lonely Planet does it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Baltics, 30 Jun. 2011
Good guide book overall, would have been nice to have a few more colour photos. I found it very useful when I visited all three Baltic countries recently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Succinct and useful, 29 April 2013
This contains useful detail on the nuts and bolts of Baltic travel, particularly for first time visitors to the area.

Estonia Latvia and Lithuania (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Estonia Latvia and Lithuania (Lonely Planet Country Guides) by Regis St. Louis (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01