on 4 September 2012
I bought this as I was struggling to find a phrase book for Slovakia. The book contains 6 languages (Polish, Slovak, Czech, Slovenian, Hungarian & German) so each section is quite short. German phrasebooks are easy to find and this guide would be better if it dropped the German and divided up the saved pages amongst the other languages.
I have read this about other phrasebooks on Slovakian, prior to purchasing this one, but some of the suggested (vowel) pronunciation in this guide does not match what is actuall spoken. "Dakujem" was pronounced "Dya ku yem" and not "Dyu ku yem" as stated in the guide. I was always politely corrected on this pronunciation and I think making the effort to speak the language was always appreciated.
I would still recommend getting this as it is useful if you have no knowledge of these languages and the choice of other alternatives is not great.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 16 May 2013
This was the only phrasebook I could find for Slavakia. Even though the Slovak section was only 1/6th of the book it worked very well. However, I had to carry around in my pocket the other 5/6th of the book with all the other languages I did not need.

It covers the basics in each language, so if you are planning a trip that includes Czech, Hungarian, German, Polish, Slovakian and Slovenian this is a very handy book. Otherwise you are carrying a lot of useless pages.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again