5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and good service
I got the book really quick. Furthermore, it was in mint condition. No scratches on it and still in shrink wrap. Thanks!
Published on 23 Aug 2011 by Wilfried

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed
Published on 18 Mar 2010 by justtryingtobehelpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and good service, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Good Food Producers Guide: Over 1000 of the Best Food Producers in the UK (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Admirable, Good Value and Handy, 17 April 2010
This book is fantastic. With society in its current state of undress, it's vital the local producers are brought to the fore as the front runners of a new era of healthy, sustainable and affordable living. The Good Food Producers Guide does just that and Rose Prince should be commended for the great deal of thought and effort that has clearly gone into it.

The huge number of entries are clear, with as much information as one could want - from opening hours and contact details to ordering methods and payment options. The entries are also individual, not formulaic, and give a real flavour of the producers and what they stand for. Whatever you're looking for, wherever you are, there is something to tempt the tastebuds. Whether you're looking to plan a trip around your stomach, or just find a hidden gem locally, the Guide comes up trumps. I've found several places within 20 minutes of my home which I never knew about and now frequent with delicious consequences.

All in all, this book is well worth investing in: clear, informative, inspirational and a brilliant source of ideas for days out or just something different and tasty. If you buy one foody book this year, make it the Good Food Producers Guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for any foodie - well laid out - and full of national treasures!, 24 Mar 2010
Simon Thompson (Hants) - See all my reviews
For anyone mad about their food (and it's provenance), this is a great find.

The guide provides all the information that you need to eat well without relying on the supermarkets. The book covers everything from delis, farm shops, cheese producers, butchers, a seasonal food calender, and lists on all the nationwide food festivals, I was hungry within minutes!

As a food-loving young family (we rear pigs ourselves..), the Guide now lives in the car and is a great reference whether we're on the way to the beach, grandparents, away-matches, or road trips, and means that we can stock up on local delicacies when on our travels, that we would be hard pressed to find otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really important guide!, 25 Mar 2010
D. Mctiernan (yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
It's vital that we do our utmost to promote and support local producers committed to good food and Rose Prince has been at the heart of that good work through her previous books and journalism. The guide is a lovely book, packed full to the brim with people and businesses that Britain should be proud of, and I commend Rose for her work and the guide.

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, 18 Mar 2010
I was really looking forward to receiving this book as I'm a great fan of my local farmer's market, local and artisan food producers, and people who are doing great things with food generally. But I was SO DISAPPOINTED. The listing is hopeless. It is listed by type of food and then split out geographically within that. It's so irritating. I don't decide that I'm going to look for cheese and then decide where I'll go to shop for it ... and then move on to bread, etc, etc.

I'm sure there are some great places in here ... but I really don't know if I can be bothered to test the thumb muscles moving backwards and forwards through the book to find them.

And I know there's an index by region in the back but that just gives the shop name with no hint of what sort of shop it might be.
Sorry Rose, I really wanted this book to work, but it just doesn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, 15 April 2010
Mrs. A. Paul - See all my reviews
This book represents poor value for money if you live outside London and the South-east of England as very few outlets are listed in other regions and many of these turn out to be mail order only.

Rose Prince does not fully set out her criteria for inclusion within the book which makes it difficult to understand why some regions appear to be foodie deserts. Also the text contains several inaccuracies. Evesham, for example, is not in Herefordshire, and the review of the Allendale Bakery is given under the heading of "I Should Cocoa".

Frankly I wish I'd saved my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Food Producers Guide 2010, 26 Mar 2010
D. A. Rosenbaum "biogs guru" (London, England) - See all my reviews
One of the joys of The Good Food Producers Guide 2010 is how well indexed it is so that the information one needs is easily accessible - for example, you can look things up by region and speciality e.g. East of England butchers or you can search for producers by their trading name.

I also like the little add-ons such as the seasonal food calendar and the list of food festivals.

I must declare an interest, in that I know Rose Prince, but at the same time that gives me an insight into the thorough and insightful way in which she researches the entries and relentlessly strives for quality content.

Thoroughly recommended!