4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed travelling with this book as a Turk!, 27 Aug 2006
Kivanc Emiroglu (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
My Canadian friend and I spent 2 weeks in Turkey and travelled 3,000 km with Lonely Planet in our hands all the time.

As a Turk, it was a little bit weird for me to travel Turkey by reading from a foreign source. However, I really enjoyed reading the reviews and following their hotel and restaurant suggestions. I had difficulty in taking some of their comments but honestly they were right and with no prejudice. Their hotel and restaurant recommendations are limited but usually satisfying. The insight into Turkish culture was very helpful to my girlfriend. Most of the time, I felt like I had only little to add.

To sum up, very helpful insights into Turkish culture, good travel tips, detailed information about historical places and average information on hotels and restaurants. I recommend this book coupled with "Small hotels of Turkey - 2006" as a perfect guide for travellers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Turkey Lonely Planet, 30 Mar 2009
This review is from: Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
Like most of the Lonely Planet guides, helpful and informative a good purchase if your willing to go outside the comfort of your normal holiday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Turkey - To be discovered, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides) (Paperback)
The guide appears to encompass all aspects of the region in Turkey that we will be visiting. The accuracy we can not comment on until we are there. It is a valuable planning tool, with recommendations and advice. As Turkey is somewhat large so is the book, therefore not easy to carry around and a little cumbersome if only visiting a small area to which the guide makes reference. Would be a very good book for those intending to tour the country rather than those who are only visiting for a few days.

Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Turkey (Lonely Planet Country Guides) by Miriam Raphael (Paperback - 16 Oct 2004)
14.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available