4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to learn some spoken Tibetan
Do not try to learn Tibetan grammar with this book, because it is totally focused on spoken language. There are only a few books in English on Tibetan, all those focused on written Tibetan, therefore this is an interesting and cheap complement to study the language.
Published 22 months ago by Carles Blas

2.0 out of 5 stars Confiscated at Lhasa Airport
Published 20 months ago by Bob D

2.0 out of 5 stars Confiscated at Lhasa Airport, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Tibetan Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook) (Paperback)
I bought this to take on a holiday in Tibet,which I guess is the reason most people will buy it. At Lhasa airport, the Chinese Security guards look for books to stop any banned literature entering the country, and the guard who searched my bag confiscated my phrasebook because it mentions the Dalai Lama. As I never got to use it, I can't say how good it would have been. Anyone planning to take a copy with them to Tibet would be well advised to tear out any mention of the Dalai Lama.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to learn some spoken Tibetan, 6 July 2013
Carles Blas (Bellaterra, Spain) - See all my reviews

Lonely Planet Tibetan Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
Lonely Planet Tibetan Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook) by Lonely Planet (Paperback - 22 Feb. 2008)
Used & New from: £1.95