on 3 December 2002
The recipes presented are down-to-earth, and easily within the ability of cooks of any calibre. I liked the fact that this was obviously the food that would be on the average Tuscan table at any given day and that the recipes were economical of time and energy. This is not cookery with a list of ingredients that fills a page, but a few, simple, well-chosen items whose flavours come together to 'sing'.
Another plus is the way the book is organized. Original and completely logical. By month. It was lovely to read Ms. Kiros' introductions as to how the locals shop and what is available for that month and then go on to the recipe entries that typify the month in question.
Beautiful book too - great photography - thoughtful text. A cookery book that's also a really good read.
on 28 February 2016
Tessa Kiros's cookbooks are a pleasure to own even if you never cook an egg!
on 23 April 2015
Much better than the previous book I bought from Tessa Kiros cook books, more my kind of recipes in this book , tried and tested a few very pleased with results
on 23 August 2015
I bought this as a 12th anniversary present for my man and I have been treated to many culinary treats since!
on 7 August 2014
Book in perfect condicions as described and arrived in time. Very happy with everything!
on 5 October 2014
I love Tuscan cooking! This book is fantastic!
on 7 February 2015
Item received as expected thank you
on 21 December 2009
I expected a better classification of the recipes and recipes which are closer to the international cuisine so that everybody could try them.
on 13 December 2007
I reviewed this book before and I can't believe the reviews I am reading now. I can only assume that most of these people don't cook! The recipes are convoluted and many of them don't work. If you are a serious cook you can tell just by reading them that she's got it wrong. Don't bother.