5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning guide to great thai cooking
I absolutely love everything about this book. I recently did a 10 week thai cookery course and i wanted a big recipe book with lots of different dishes to experiment and have fun with. This is definitely the book for that, and having done my course, I can vouch for the authenticity of the recipies.

The previous reviewer suggested some of the ingredients are...
Published on 30 Jun 2007 by John Moseley

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing...
A lovely book - but not a practical one for me. A poor 'Contents' page and an even poorer Index. Tried to locate a couple of dishes - no joy at all.
I'm sure there must be a lot better Thai cook-books out there.
Published on 28 Nov 2011 by Jay Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning guide to great thai cooking, 30 Jun 2007
John Moseley (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Food of Thailand: A Journey for Food Lovers (Food of the World) (Paperback)

The previous reviewer suggested some of the ingredients are hard to find. Well, that's true enough if you look in Tesco or Asda. You need to find your nearest ethnic food store (every town has one these days) and you'll discover all the things you are looking for, and lots more besides. Since Thai food is a confluence of indian and chinese traditions, either kind of store will stock what you need. It all adds to the excitement of creating new dishes and discovering a new way of cooking great food.

Back to the book. Besides a wealth of recipes, the artwork is simply stunning and the book is in exactly the right format to be useful as a guide open on your worktop when you need it and look great in your kitchen when you don't. I can't recommend it highly enough, and if you are looking to get started in thai cooking, this book has everything you need.

Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb results from this book, 22 Jan 2010
This is an excellent book that produces great results. It takes some organisation just to make sure you have the ingredients necessary, usually a trip to my local asian supermarket, but so well worth it! I use it regularly and have had no problems with any of the recipes and as good as anything I've had in a Thai restaurant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Thai, 26 Oct 2011
Fail safe, delicious Thai recipes! I no longer need any other Thai cookbook and have recommended it to my friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 20 Nov 2009
I have been cooking Thai Food for 10 years after living there for 5 years. It has been really hard to find a book with such beautiful, traditional and simple Thai cuisine. This book is always on my kitchen work top and i have bought it many times for presents. You can't fault this book it has everything. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Recipes, 15 July 2011
I bougth this having just been for a holiday in Thailand. The recipes are fantasic and actually taste like they did when we were abroad.
Brilliant. I have reccommended many times.

4.0 out of 5 stars As authentic as I've found, 5 Jan 2007
C. Woods (Crayford, Kent) - See all my reviews
Having not long returned from my latest trip to Thailand, I decided I really should get myself an as authentic cookbook as possible; and this is it!

The recipes are spot on, flavoured with stunning photography of the food and the local life to go with it. It really feels like being back out there and creates a sense of place unlike any cookery book I have previously seen.

The reasons for the lost fifth star are that some of the ingredients are almost impossible to track down in the UK. I am sure suitable substitutes could be used with a degree of research, but nothing is suggested in the text. Additionally, I really wanted a recipe for kanom krok (coconut puddings) which I became addicted to (for breakfast - put some white sugar between the two halves and eat)! Whilst this isn't to be found, I did at least find out what they were called!

Otherwise, I'd say this is spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 2 Jan 2014
Easy to follow and does not take long. If you in rush or have loads of time. Food always taste good and I'm no chef. Sometime its hard to get ingrediants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suburb book!, 3 Feb 2013
Superb book with many authentic recipes! I also bought the 'a little taste of... Thailand' book not realising that the recipes were exactly the same by the same chef. I found 'The food of thailand to have better descriptions of the dish that you're going to cook though. X

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book of Thai recipes, 18 Feb 2012
Mrs. S. Colley (norwich uk) - See all my reviews
an excellent book of Thai recipes, and accompanied by beautiful pictures of food and different places in Thailand.
well priced and very colourful, a handy book to add to any collection

4.0 out of 5 stars The Food of Thailand: A Journey for Food Lovers, 19 Sep 2010
This is a great book, and had some of the fantastic recipes I've been looking for since I came back from Thailand, including the delicious crispy noodles. Some great images, would recommend.

The Food of Thailand: A Journey for Food Lovers (Food of the World)
12.91