Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

on 16 March 2011
I must be honest and say i havent yet tried any of the recipes, i havent even finished reading the book. Yes reading about the recipes, where they come from and the stories behind it. Its like sharing the author's life through her food and its just beautiful. The recipes dont have a lot of ingredients and most of the recipes have pictures and look wonderful.
on 17 April 2012
This book is beautiful and the collection of recipes diverse but not necessarily anything new. Cookbook enthusiasts are likely to already have other versions of these recipes and although the family history was endearing, it isn't a book I will be regularly dipping into. Perhaps a good buy for those new to cooking.
on 19 May 2013
I have so many cookbooks, but this is one I turn to over and over again. Probably it is because the Greek influence is so appealing to our personal taste in food. The family all love her chicken with lemons and potatoes and we have just had the roast lamb with lemons and oregano - delicious. I am really hoping to try her beautiful ice creams, and what is so nice is that, whatever I have in the fridge, I can always find a great recipe in this book.

Some people say there is nothing new here, but for me this book brings together flavours in a new and really satisfying way. It is quite an expensive book (I had it as a Christmas present) but you will be using it a great deal if you are lucky enough to get hold of a copy.
on 16 October 2012
I collect Tessa's books as they are a treasury of life , love ,family , travel receipe and the most enchanting photography and art work ...I consider them collectors items and am just waiting on delivery of her new book Linen an Limencello.
This copy was bought with three others , Apples for Jam , Venezia and Piri Piri Chicken by my friend who had seen them on my cookery book shelf and was mesmorised by them . I have enjoyed making the food from all over the world , and find myself taking the books to bed as they are filled with stories , pictures and insights into a very varied life.
My friend is enjoying discovering the riches contained between the glorious covers of Tessa's books, they will be lifelong treasures
on 3 January 2012
I bought my first copy purely on the basis of my husband being Greek, and me being South African - I thought that there might be favourite recipes from both countries that I could make. I loved it so much that I bought two more copies as gifts for friends of mine. My family loved the recipes (our favourite being the Leg of Lamb with Lemon and Oregano Page 111), but besides that, the book is so beautifully set out that I leave it on hand on display on my kitchen dresser and without fail my friends all eventually pick it up to browse through when visiting. I have since gone on to purchase "Apples for Jam" as well, and I'm just as pleased! I hope to collect all Tessa's books eventually.
on 3 May 2011
Tessa Kiros (Author) knows how to cook gathering, comfort food ! The Cypriot baked lamb and potatoes with cumin and tomatoes cannot be beaten on a cold winters night (and sometimes-but not often, there's some left over for dinner the next night!). Both my boys (aged 6 & 8) are fussy eaters, but serve them anything from this book and they get excited. (especially if I serve up the carrot cake for dessert!). I was so excited by my renewed interest in cooking that I went on to buy Tessas' "Twelve" and "Apples for Jam" (both of which are great). So now, I have my Tessa Kiros library, I don't need any other cookbook. Well done Tessa Kiros and Murdoch Books !
on 10 January 2015
Beautifully written by the incredible diamond Tessa Kiros, who is yet to be discovered by the wider world. Fans know what to expect- family and friends homegrown recipes from Tuscany to Greece to Finland all very delicious with a humble or homely touch of love. It is a great recipe book to make the family meal and involve the kids to get some of the stalwart italian pasta dishes and cakes into their own cooking encyclopaedia but many more beautiful and delicate dishes that are great for experimenting with and pushing cooking beginners and intermediate to be more creative with their pallate and cookery skills. Very thoughtful and I love the way she writes.
on 10 March 2012
I am not a 'keen' cook and only have about 10 recipe books, but this is the one I use most frequently, and I've had consistently good (and delicious) results from everything I've tried.

The recipes are tempting and don't put you off by looking too complicated, or having too many obscure ingredients.

My favourite is the chicken/coriander/rice dish, though I have to say I did have to adjust the quantities with this one as the first time I made it there was *way* too much rice. Still, if a pretty average cook like me can figure it out, anyone can.
on 4 October 2012
Not only this book beautiful to look at, with some lovely family photos as well as pictures of the food, but unlike many cookbooks I find it is packed full of good honest practical recipes that I have actually used. In fact, I would say that out of my 30 or so cookbooks that I have obtained over the years, this is the one that I have used most. Great recipes, particularly for lamb and chicken, all obviously inspired by various family members from Scandinavia as well as Greece. A true labour of love, I would heartily recommend this to any level of cook.
on 13 November 2005
This book has all the elements of a great cook book - lovely recipes for all occasions, gorgeous pictures, but most importantly an explanation for the choice of recipes. The author uses family history and her life experiences so that the recipes come alive and you can imagine food in the surroundings where the author enjoyed them.
And best of all, the recipes are great!