4.0 out of 5 stars Far and away, the best WDW book for planning your trip
Published 8 months ago by H. Garfield

2.0 out of 5 stars you can find all this out by searching the internet
They just promote their web site with this book which you have to pay for to use ,it's fine if you don't want to trawl the internet but tells you no more
Published 5 months ago by louise

4.0 out of 5 stars Far and away, the best WDW book for planning your trip, 30 Dec 2013
H. Garfield - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unofficial Guide  Walt Disney World 2014 (Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World) (Paperback)
I need to be clear, this is THE book to buy for Walt Disney World. I have to admit I haven't bought this years edition and I will give my reasons towards the end. I've bought several WDW books over the years and this remains the bible to follow for the amateur Disney World planner. If you're of the line thinking holidays shouldn't be planned, you either have never been to WDW before or you will never know how much you are missing out on. Disney World is one of the most expensive dream destinations in the world for many families and this book empowers you to get the most for your money.

There are the useful tips and unbiased reader comments. As I've been staying on resort for the past couple of trips, a favourite tip is the commute time to the parks vs using resort transportation. Who would have thought getting the Disney bus to the MK was quickest on resort whilst driving to the other parks is generally better and more convenient?

My one and only problem with this years edition is that you probably should not buy it if you are going in the final quarter of 2014. The new Fastpass+ should be fully implemented by then and the information in this edition is largely educated guess work based on the information available at the time of going to print. The new 2015 guide should be out early August giving a few weeks for those travelling from September onwards time to complete their planning.

I know the publishers have to meet their annual publication schedule but its something to bear in mind and I will continue planning using my 2013 edition and wait for 2015.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful, 17 Oct 2013
I last bought this guide in 2006 and the updated version is packed with even more usueful information, can't wait to start planning our 2014 trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only disney book you will need, whether it's your 1st or 21st visit, 19 Feb 2014
I love this book. it literally tells you everything you could possibly want to know about wdw to plan the best and most smooth-running trip. i have been visiting wdw since i was 3, and my upcoming holiday with be about my 15th trip. this book still has tonnes of things i didnt know and that will definitely come in infinitely useful. some of the details are so involved I laughed out loud thinking 'how do they know that?!' I got this book on my kindle which was great for highlighting tips I thought i would find most useful, but as the hard copy has tear out touring plans in the back,
if you're planning on using the touring plans around the parks it may be better to get the hard copy. If you are not planning on using the touring plans though, I am willing to bet you will have changed your mind by half way through the book. I was dead set that I would only be reading it for little tips and tricks, and hated the idea of planning my whole days out ahead of time, but when I read all the stats about the touring plans I couldn't help but want to try them out. my boyfriend didn't take much convincing when I told him this info too, and we can't wait to use them. I would highly recommend this book for anyone planning a holiday to Orlando whether or not you have been before. it is absolutely fantastic I am so glad I got it well before this trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Nov 2013
My disney bible! This book is full of all you need to know. It's American based but in my opinion is the best guide book out there and what it lacks in photos it gains in info.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE guide to disney!, 13 July 2014
I borrowed many guides from my local library before finding the Unofficial guide. I loved it so much that I had to buy a copy for my trip to Florida this year. Packed full of loads of information and tips to beat the queues and make the most of Disney. Loved the humour in it as well! Added bonuses I really liked were info on shady benches to sit on (great for my elderly parents) and other little precious nuggets of information. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you are off to Disney this is a great buy, 8 July 2014
Best book ever👑

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
must read if going

4.0 out of 5 stars The touring plans at the back of the book was an amazing help at strategically reducing queue times, 30 Jun 2014
Reading this in advance of our trip was a massive benefit. The touring plans at the back of the book was an amazing help at strategically reducing queue times. A must buy for anyone going to Disneyworld.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful read, 30 Jun 2014
This book is definitely worth a read. Lots of useful information about anything and everything to do with Orlando. My only criticism would be that the book is seriously heavy at over 850 pages so not ideal for the morning commute when standing on a packed train! I go to Disney at the end of July and I'm sure I'll be using some of the tips in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 23 April 2014
Brilliant book and a great help planning our trip to Florida. It has everything in it we need to ensure that it holiday runs smoothly