I like to plan all my vacations ahead organizing the whole journey, and not using travel agencies, to be able to see and experience as much as possible. Due to that I like different kinds of guides who are full of practical information that help visitor, whether if it's for the first time or several times visited location.

Also, I learned that unofficial guides...
Published 10 months ago by Denis Vukosav

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Not many photos and such small writing, wouldn't get this again
Published 1 month ago by Kate Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars For first time visitors or regulars to learn what changed since last visit, although touring plans alone enough reason to buy it, 20 Jan 2014
Denis Vukosav - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Unofficial Guide  Walt Disney World 2014 (Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World) (Paperback)

Also, I learned that unofficial guides are usually better than the official ones, given that they aren't burdened with what they have to write, but include what are for passengers and visitors the most important and useful information.

One of such excellent guides is this one that let you learn everything you need for visiting Walt Disney World and plan your perfect vacation whether for a day or several of them. Taking into account that Walt Disney World occupies a large area and has so many interesting things to do, it is really must-have to have a guide of some kind. And this guide will be recommended one from me, based on my own experience with previous editions but also with this one that is seriously updated from the previous release.

You'll find information about transportation, accommodation and food, and of course lot of detailed information about the main and not so famous attractions you can find inside all the parks. For me the best part about this unofficial guide is their honesty, because the authors can afford to be honest when they critically speak about some attraction that doesn't live up to their own expectations. Maybe that will not be case for you but you'll get some warning ahead, up to each reader to judge herself/himself.

Also one of the best things you can find inside the book are presentations of the touring plans made for different scenarios based on planned days, number of people who are visiting and visitor type (young, parents, adults...). They describe in detail when and where to show up and in which order to go around the attractions to be able to see and feel maximum, reducing the waiting time as much as possible. I used it for couple of times and they are mostly useful.

As mentioned earlier, this edition is quite updated from the previous ones, and given that the update details would took away several pages I can only say that it's definitely recommended to get the new version if you have an older one.
For me the most important additions were new strategies for visiting more parks in one day, a description of Fastpass loopholes that can be found at the Magic Kingdom, a new section about Fastpass with more details, a new section about cruising with kids and an useful chart of where to meet characters for free in each park.

If for no other reason this guide should be purchased only because of the touring plans, but be sure that you'll spend using it unforgettable time in the park and that those who have visited without it won't believe when you tell them how much you were able to see.

I fully recommend this guide for first time visitors or for regulars who'll able to learn what changed since their last visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Far and away, the best WDW book for planning your trip, 30 Dec 2013
H. Garfield - See all my reviews
I need to be clear, this is THE book to buy for Walt Disney World. I have to admit I haven't bought this years edition and I will give my reasons towards the end. I've bought several WDW books over the years and this remains the bible to follow for the amateur Disney World planner. If you're of the line thinking holidays shouldn't be planned, you either have never been to WDW before or you will never know how much you are missing out on. Disney World is one of the most expensive dream destinations in the world for many families and this book empowers you to get the most for your money.

There are the useful tips and unbiased reader comments. As I've been staying on resort for the past couple of trips, a favourite tip is the commute time to the parks vs using resort transportation. Who would have thought getting the Disney bus to the MK was quickest on resort whilst driving to the other parks is generally better and more convenient?

My one and only problem with this years edition is that you probably should not buy it if you are going in the final quarter of 2014. The new Fastpass+ should be fully implemented by then and the information in this edition is largely educated guess work based on the information available at the time of going to print. The new 2015 guide should be out early August giving a few weeks for those travelling from September onwards time to complete their planning.

I know the publishers have to meet their annual publication schedule but its something to bear in mind and I will continue planning using my 2013 edition and wait for 2015.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful, 17 Oct 2013
I last bought this guide in 2006 and the updated version is packed with even more usueful information, can't wait to start planning our 2014 trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars the only disney book you will need, whether it's your 1st or 21st visit, 19 Feb 2014
I love this book. it literally tells you everything you could possibly want to know about wdw to plan the best and most smooth-running trip. i have been visiting wdw since i was 3, and my upcoming holiday with be about my 15th trip. this book still has tonnes of things i didnt know and that will definitely come in infinitely useful. some of the details are so involved I laughed out loud thinking 'how do they know that?!' I got this book on my kindle which was great for highlighting tips I thought i would find most useful, but as the hard copy has tear out touring plans in the back,
if you're planning on using the touring plans around the parks it may be better to get the hard copy. If you are not planning on using the touring plans though, I am willing to bet you will have changed your mind by half way through the book. I was dead set that I would only be reading it for little tips and tricks, and hated the idea of planning my whole days out ahead of time, but when I read all the stats about the touring plans I couldn't help but want to try them out. my boyfriend didn't take much convincing when I told him this info too, and we can't wait to use them. I would highly recommend this book for anyone planning a holiday to Orlando whether or not you have been before. it is absolutely fantastic I am so glad I got it well before this trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Nov 2013
My disney bible! This book is full of all you need to know. It's American based but in my opinion is the best guide book out there and what it lacks in photos it gains in info.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE guide to disney!, 13 July 2014
I borrowed many guides from my local library before finding the Unofficial guide. I loved it so much that I had to buy a copy for my trip to Florida this year. Packed full of loads of information and tips to beat the queues and make the most of Disney. Loved the humour in it as well! Added bonuses I really liked were info on shady benches to sit on (great for my elderly parents) and other little precious nuggets of information. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you are off to Disney this is a great buy, 8 July 2014
Best book ever👑

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
must read if going

4.0 out of 5 stars The touring plans at the back of the book was an amazing help at strategically reducing queue times, 30 Jun 2014
Reading this in advance of our trip was a massive benefit. The touring plans at the back of the book was an amazing help at strategically reducing queue times. A must buy for anyone going to Disneyworld.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful read, 30 Jun 2014
This book is definitely worth a read. Lots of useful information about anything and everything to do with Orlando. My only criticism would be that the book is seriously heavy at over 850 pages so not ideal for the morning commute when standing on a packed train! I go to Disney at the end of July and I'm sure I'll be using some of the tips in the book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›